Internships

I am so not mentally prepared enough for writing-

I have a GIGANTIC writer's block-

I had no motivation-

*

"Good Morning, class!" Madame Dominique cheered on her half-asleep, half alive, 'surviving solely on coffee' class.

(Yeah, those kids are ME at this point-)

"I know you all are very tired because of the mid-terms, but they're over now, so cheer on!" She encouraged.

The entire class soullessly stared at her.

"Oh well, now that you have finished your exams, you all will finally be able to get some info on those internship contests I have been telling you about!" The part-French homeroom teacher said slyly, knowing this would intrigue her students. And sure enough, it did.

The class suddenly looked alive, waiting to hear everything they could about the internship. This could decide their future career, after all!

"Now, remember, all of you will surely be trying to apply for different fashion agencies once you graduate, so, if you leave a good impression on the people you are interning with—they might recommend you to some other major designers. Or they might even hire you!" The thirty-two-year-old gorgeous teacher said.

The class lit up, suddenly engulfed by the wave of chatters that swarmed over the students. 

"Hey, Mari, who are you interning with?" Lila asked, slipping in the seat behind Marinette's.

Marinette smiled and tapped the seat next to her, "You don't have to worry about you making me uncomfortable. I told you, we're friends now. Come here." 

Lila smiled and did as told.

"I have been thinking about interning with Gabriel Agreste."

Lila's face morphed into a scowl, "I can say why you'd choose him."

"He's the biggest fashion designer there is!" Marinette gushed.

Lila smiled again, knowing she was in no position to frown upon Marinette for choosing to stay with the Agreste's, however much she hated that fact.

*

"Lila, I have forgiven you, but there are some things I want you to know."

Lila braced herself for the scolding. Marinette had been really kind to her. She hadn't scolded her yet. But she knew Mari was going to come at her now.

"I don't hate you for having feelings for me. It's natural. But the fact that you came on this strong did it for me. You are probably new to the concept of 'love', am I right?"

Lila nodded.

"You see, there are various forms of 'love' apart from romantic love." Marinette smiled, continuing, "You said that I had been the only one who was kind to you for yourself. Not for the lies you told. I think that was the first time you experienced someone doing something selflessly for you. I don't think that's love."

Lila's eyes flew open.

"You might have mistaken your platonic feelings for me as—well—love. Trust me, it's not the same feeling."

"You might know, huh." Lila smiled, looking down.

"Huh?"

"You're in love with Adrien, aren't you?"