Hero

*

"Dark Wings, Rise!" 

Marinette escaped from her balcony at the stroke of midnight. Practicing her battle stance, power, agility, flexibility and strength.

Okay.

Battle Stance.

Let's do it.

I mean, how hard could it be!?

"NOOROOOOO HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE I COULD FIGHT IN THIS POSITION!?"  Marinette groaned (unnecessarily, according to Nooroo) for the sixth time that day.

"It wouldn't be that hard of you did it correctly! It's just the fighting posture! If you can't even get that right, how are you even supposed to land punches in the first place!? Be a hero, Marinette. You can not give up! Not one bit! You give up on your training, you give up on Paris. So, man up and face it. Besides, all I asked you is to take a position with your legs a LITTLE bit apart and your fists balled. Shoulders squared, arms folded and back straight. Eyes, ears and brain, alert. You get me?" Nooroo's speech evolved from one of scolding, to motivation and then annoyance mixed with tyranny.

Atleast that's what Marinette thought.

"Okay! I'll stop complaining. Feet apart, fists balled, shoulders squared sense organs alert! I think I might actually have a shot at this superhero-ing gig." Marinette cheered.

"Yes. You have a kind heart. And a big brain. So, adapt. Evolve. Show Paris who you are!" Nooroo encouraged her.

"Which leaves me with one thing. What am I supposed to call myself?"

"Hmm... Good question. I'll leave that for you to figure out." Nooroo smirked.

"No fair!" 

"We'll think about it later. Concentrate on your training now."

*

(Remember Adrien would've actually given Marinette a chance if Ladybug didn't show up first to steal his heart? Ha.)

Until late in the morning, upto 3 o'clock, Many Parisians living near the Seine, Eiffel Tower and the Lourve could hear indistinct voices of a girl screaming, "Hiyah!" or other such battle cries.

"Alya, gimme that." Marinette grabbed her best friend's bottle of water and poured it out all over herself.

"Marinette! What happened? Is something wrong?" Alya carassingly stroke her best frined's back, annoyed at the fact that the said bluenette literally finished her day's supply of water (but she could just buy another bottle from the cafeteria) but she let it slide.

"I've been up really really late and now I'm struggling to NOT look like a zombie in class." Marinette grumbled as she banged her head against the table, an action noticed by the other students for sure.

"What were you even doing that late!?" Alya inquired.

Of course.

Why didn't she realize this earlier.

Her best friend was a frickin' reporter.

She should have made an excuse.

Okay, spin the wheel of excuses, Marinette!

"I was watching anime of course!" Marinette said a little too loudly.

"I never knew you were into anime, girl." Alya stated.

"Neither did I! That's so cool! What kind!?" The over-excited voice of a certain blond immediately snapped her into going into her non-sleepy mode.

"W-What k-kind!?" She jumped a little before responding.

"Yeah. I mean, I'd never actually admit it to anyone but-" Adrien leaned in to whisper in her ear, (OHMYGODMARINETTEHE'SBREATHINGNEARYOU!!!! HE'SSOCLOSEOHMYGODIAMSODEAD!!!!) "I'm really into shoujos!" He whispered so excitedly that Marinette instantly compared him to a child who was about to get a chocolate for his good behavior.

Adrien's realization speed has always been kind of low.

"SORRY! I SHOULD NOT HAVE LEANED IN SO CLOSE LIKE THAT! YOU MUST THINK I'M A CREEP OR SOMETHING AND PLEASE DON'T THINK I DID IT ON PURPOSE IT WAS A MISTAKE! I'M SORRY!!!" He kept repeating the 'I'm sorry' part for a long time with Marinette desperately trying to calm him down saying, "It's okay! Don't fret about it! I mean, I didn't mind it at all! WAIT- DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY! I MEAN, I DIDN'T MIND IT BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M INTO YOU OR SOMETHING! I MEAN, DEFINITELY THAT WOULDN'T BE SUCH A BAD THING- I DID NOT JUST SAY THAT-"

"What are we to do with these two dorks!?" Alya facepalmed.

"I dunno." Nino replied.

"How much time will it take for them to realize?"

"Probably a few more seasons." Nino blinked.

Wait.

Did he just say that?

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. It kinda slipped outta my mouth."

"Oh."

"Dude..."