Array

I swear these chapters get harder and harder to write each damn tIME-

*

"You are so dead."

Ignoring the chill running down his spine, Darkbug rose.

The said holder of the miraculous, quickly recovering from the punch, stood his ground. A cruel and twisted scowl found its way on his otherwise neutral face.

"You'll pay for that, brat." He growled.

As if on cue, a large sentimonster, of the size equivalent to that of the Eiffel Tower itself, rose behind him, ready to defend him.

Marinette had one look at it.

If her mind and body were not moving on pure rage, revenge and adrenaline right now, she would know better to just retreat, ask for help by trying to summon more than one chosen and giving Chat time to some much needed time to recover. However, she knew that in doing so, she would only be delaying the inevitable.

She stared right into the monster's eyes. Then, her cold stare greeted that of Darkbug's.

Her stance was rigid. Trying hard to steady her increasing heartrate, she also held her ground. Clenching her cane in her hand, she did something she never thought she could pull off. Not even in her dreams.

It all happened so quickly. It was barely visible to a common observer's eye. The people on the fighting scene, however, knew better than to call it a hallucination.

It was as if in the middle of a highly developed and well carried out action-fantasy movie. You'd have to look twice to believe your own eyes. The stunt she pulled first caused a deafening silence, and then, all the noise came gushing forward like never before. An array of butterflies. Golden, heavenly, inhumane came crashing down upon them from seemingly nowhere in particular.

'The array of golden butterflies.'

The phrase best used to describe the miraculous stunt.

Marinette Dupain Cheng, an otherwise normal and clumsy girl, could not believe her eyes as well. Let alone the witnessing passer-bys.

She could feel her energy being drained away. She knew, however, that she could not afford to pass out now. She was functioning on pure adrenaline at this point. To the extent that she became numb to the pain. Consequences were going to be drastic. She had the strongest feeling. But she knew damn well she was going to pay Darkbug pretty good for having the balls to hurt her precious partner.

Controlling the array of butterflies precisely, she seemed to be a god-like creature. The embodiment of perfection. One by one, the golden, 'beautiful', filled to the brim with positive energy, butterflies found their way into people's objects. Akumatizing them. People were scared, due to Chat Noir's condition, but Lady Iris' first appearance instilled in them, a hope which had been vanquished by the monster that she had to face alone. A monster who hurt Chat Noir. A monster who was called Darkbug. People loved and respected Lady Iris even before she had been present before them in person. She had helped them get over their fears and now, it was their turn to help her instead.

They gladly agreed to help her.

Though tired, Lady Iris could feel that the people held her as their beacon of hope. That fact itself gave her more than enough energy.

Slowly but surely, a plan formed itself in her mind, which was working tirelessly in various places.

She let out a hint of a smirk.

*

"Glaciator, Gamer, Gorizilla, please help me take down that sentimonster while I attend on Chat. Stormy, keep Darkbug busy. Maybe the sleeping tendencies of ladybugs extend to him. Try to hold him off the best you can."