The Great Guardian

(Hella Sleep deprived. Exams are killing me. I'm barely sane. I love Shoto Todoroki. My head hurts. Updating is so damn hard. I've decided to start another one-shot book. I'm working on DWR's sequel. My already low sense of humour is languishing. My life right now is complete absolute shit. Thank you.)

*

"Don't be bemused, it just the news!"

The familiar phrase echoed through her head as Marinette, a horrified expression on her face, watched the events unfold.

She thought everything was going to be alright.

Just yesterday she felt like things were finally getting easier, with the akumas not targetting Chat Noir's life as fatally anymore.

But it was all fake.

A show.

Nothing but feints to keep them from seeing the complete picture.

The horrors that awaited her unleashed themselves in full glory, her thoughts convoluted, a giant wave of stress passed over, a tide which may never subside.

Her world was about to crash.

The walls of her mind caved in. Her thoughts going haywire as whatever bare consciousness she had was forced into attentiveness by her.

The woman she saw on the T.V. was someone unknown.

But the suit she donned was everything but so.

The brown hair cascaded down her tanned face, bearing a somewhat notorious, evil expression, her olive-green eyes—like those of a merciless predator about to tear its prey apart—looked down upon the world from where she stood, right on top of the Eiffel Tower. Her thin lips rested into a smirk and the yo-yo loosely hung around her waist.

But there was something else.

Something different.

A new miraculous.

She was working alone. Unlike Darkbug, she wore both the peacock and the ladybug miraculous.

A feathered fan held in her hand and the other lightly lingering over the yo-yo, she licked her lips in a very familiar fashion.

Her long brown hair tied up in two ponytails, decorated by a few strands of red and blue ribbons, sashayed in the air.

A blue-coloured piece of fabric, shaped like a peacock's tail but darker, in contrast to her black-and-red ensemble, stood out, with white, lacy extensions ending it.

Marinette loved the costume, she hated to admit.

(Yes, I will be illustrating this, just not now because, y'all know, eXAMS-)

Something clicked in Marinette's brain.

She was right.

This person was the unknown entity (X, she thought) who presumably stole or inherited the miraculous from the old man.

She was fricking right.

And she hated it.

Unannounced, a violent cough troubled her.

Trying to ease herself, she rubbed against her chest, finding some relief.

"Hello there, People of Paris!" The female said, raising her arms upwards, laughing heartily.

"The name's Shadowbug! Your newest guest! Won't you welcome me?" She smirked slyly, her eyes squinted in a look of superiority.

"You probably know why I'm here and what I need, right?" She continued boldly, "I want the miraculous of the black cat, is all!"