Trust

I'm in an awfully good mood today. So, an early update. Feel blessed, mortals.

*

A rare chapter where the fourth wall is intact. Enjoy.

*

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Screamed Chat as he was brutally thrown inside the black mass, courtesy of the laser beam that hit him.

He was so NOT in control of his movements. He was being flung here and there, all around the vortex filled with people, cars, buildings, food, and many more.

Public safety hazard aside, this would SO make an awesome picnic spot. 

Grabbing a pizza slice flying his way and munching on it, he tried to make himself stable, succeeding in doing so, his body floating now, at his will.

Munching on another stray doughnut he found, he looked at the dog miraculous clutched in his hand.

He was able to drop only one miraculous at the time, hoping Alya would notice it and connect the dots.

The mouse miraculous.

(Lmao, Y'all thought he chose just ONE miraculous? The plural of miraculous is 'miraculous', to boot. And in the initial lines of the chapter, I did mention, 'The miraculous of the dog clutched in one hand, he wiped his forehead with the balled fist of the other.' I was hoping SOMEONE would notice. Why would his fist be balled if he wasn't holding anything? Try re-reading the previous chapter with this new info and everything will fall in place.

Probably.)

He'd hoped desperately for Marinette to get away from the place, to no avail.

Oh god. What if Marinette used the miraculous instead!?

He sighed.

Suddenly, he saw a tiny creature floating its way towards him. It was small, really small, so it was having trouble escaping things like floating car keys and leftovers.

He air-swam his way towards the figure and once he got a closer look, he was beyond shocked.

It was a HUMAN?

A very tiny human.

*

"Good work, Galacta! Now that you've captured Chat Noir and Lady Iris has no plans of showing up, grab his miraculous. He is in YOUR domain, after all." Shadowbug telepathically instructed.

"What's the haste, Shadowbug? Don't tell me you've forgotten about my end of the deal." Galacta replied.

Taken aback, the brunette warned, "You're talking back to me?"

"You did say I've already captured Chat Noir. What's the problem now. It's been almost an hour and Lady Iris hasn't shown up. Maybe she's not in town. Once I fulfil my goal, I will get his miraculous for you. It should be a piece of cake."

Sighing, Shadowbug said, "Fine. But be quick."

*

"CHAT!" Marinette screamed as she saw Chat Noir getting sucked into the vortex. 

"Master said he'd chose someone—" she whispered to herself, dodging totally normal flying cars, "WHERE IS THAT PERSON!? Should I have not trusted that old man at all!?"

No time to panic.

She looked at the ground, she was sure Chat dropped something before vanishing. Just—what was it that he dropped?

Searching all over the place, she came across a plain-looking necklace.

"Huh?" She picked it up, looked all around, and was about to discard it to keep looking when—