Secrets

He could only watch as she fell down with a thud.

Her eyes were still wide open from the alarm.

He looked at the figure that struck her, slowly, cautiously.

"Took you long enough, Mayura." He heard Darkbug mutter behind him.

"You little-" Lady Wifi rushed forward to protect Iris as much as she could now.

While Chat Noir...

He was frozen.

He looked at the unconscious form of Lady Iris, limp, almost lifeless if it not for the slow rise and fall of her chest.

His eyes seemed to forget how to blink. Perhaps that was the reason why he could feel furious tears forming in his eyes as they stung from not being able to blink for a while.

He was frozen on the spot.

What seemed to break him out of his trance was a kick to the stomach.

Coughing up blood, he stared at the holder of the Ladybug miraculous.

That Duck was so dead.

"You can not afford to space out now, Chat Noir." Darkbug gravely said.

Chat didn't say anything.

He turned at the monster who took his lady down.

He momentarily glanced at Lady Wifi.

A silent conversation took place between him and the said chosen.

The latter went towards Darkbug. 

"Hey now, Spots. What do you say, Shall we play? I'll be more than happy to crush you like the bug you are." Wifi warned.

Darkbug smirked, "Well, if you really want to do this, I'll leave Chat Noir up to you, Shade." 

The figure who knocked down Iris nodded.

This meant one thing.

Wifi would try to take down Darkbug.

And Chat would incapacitate the one who dared to hurt his lady.

"Make sure you don't die, now, kitty cat." Darkbug could be heard snickering before Wifi decided to silence him with a punch herself, after attempting to pause him (The pause frame dissipating as it hit his spun yoyo.)

Ignoring Darkbug, Chat Noir rushed forward to place a punch on his face.

Only to have his opponent disappearing into black fog.

Almost like a...

Shadow.

*

"Shade, I am Mayura," Mayura coughed before continuing, "You are afraid. You have witnessed the battle between the so-called  'heroes' and us, the victims. I give you the power to help us. Help Darkbug. Help me. We're the victims of injustice. You have been one too. Let the light disappear behind the onset of shadows. Let all the hope vanish. Let us conquer and protect all. Will you help us?"

"Yes. Towerile, no, Mason is my son. He has been misinterpreted. Now all of Paris thinks he is a villain. He is not. I am not. You are not either. I will help you. I want to save my son. I will do anything it takes to do that."

"Good. Now, let's head towards Darkbug. He will guide you further."

*

Chat kept kicking and punching, hitting and missing endlessly at something or nothing at all.