HIS BIGGEST DREAM - Henry Cavill x Reader!

“What’s your biggest dream in life?” Asked the TV host.

“That’s a very good question.” Henry said and resting his elbows on his knees he started thinking of a proper answer. A real one. “My biggest dream in life is…” He said still thinking about it. “Honestly? To start a family.” He replied. It was the first thing that came to his mind the moment she asked him. It was true, that had always been his dream. Satisfied with his answer he sat straight on the couch again.

“Aww.” The woman said.

“How nice! To start a family.” The male TV host commented nodding along, quite surprised he would say that instead of naming a dream role for him to play or something else.

“Yeah.” Henry said reaffirming his statement.

“That answer deserves some cheering.” The host said making the audience present in the studio clap loudly.

The interview went on for a couple extra minutes, but your mind had gotten stuck on his answer to that particular question. You had never really talked about that. Yes, you’ve had casual conversations about the future, but with such erratic schedules you both always chose to focus on the present. Of course, the day would come where you’d have to stop and think about it.

It was a bittersweet thing to think about him wanting to start a family. Your feeling were conflicted. On one hand, you most definitely wanted to start a family with Henry; But the other hand you couldn’t give it to him. You had talked about it, at the beginning of your relationship. He must have forgotten, though.
When Henry came home, you didn’t say anything about it. You weren’t ready. So you acted normal. “How was it?” You asked as you usually would and he told you every thing about it. And then it came to that part of the interview, the one you wished he had forgotten about. Henry stood next to you for a moment. Contemplating you. Grabbing the plates you were holding and setting them on the table, he turned you around so you could face him.

“You know, to be asked that question made me realize how much I actually wanted that. It was the first and only thing that popped in my head when they asked.” He told you. “Y/N. I know I don’t have a ring or anything because I’m just being spontaneous here, but I can’t wait another second without asking.” He said taking your hand in his. “Will you marry me?” He asked. “Would you start that family with me?”

“I…” Was the only thing you managed to pronounce as your eyes filled with tears. Tears Henry thought were of joy, but soon found out they weren’t. It was time to face the music. “I can’t. I can’t do that- I can’t…” You started saying stumbling upon your own words.

“What?” Henry asked with the smallest voice you had ever heard him speak on. That was not the answer he was expecting to get from you. Instead, you had just broken his heart and you knew it. You could see it in his eyes, as they cloudily stared at you. “Why?” He whispered.

You looked at him, thinking that might be the last time you’d be able to be this close to him. To be touched by him like that; like he always did. And your heart broke too. But you had made your decision, and convinced yourself it was for the best.

“I can’t have kids, Hen. I can’t… I can’t give you the family you so much desire. The one you deserve.” You said placing your hand on one side of his face and caressing his cheek for what you thought would be the last time. “I’m sorry…” You tried to say, your voice only a whisper. “I think we should break up.” You said a bit louder now, even though there was nothing you wanted less than that. Taking a step back, both your arms fell to your sides.

“What are you talking about? No.” Henry said grabbing your hand to stop you before you could walk away from him. “No.” He repeated shaking his head fervently as he reached for your other hand to make sure you wouldn’t leave. “I know you can’t have kids, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a mother.” He said. “If that’s what you want…” He added, considering maybe it wasn’t because of the fact you couldn’t have kids, but because you didn’t want any either. His doubt erasing, the moment you softly nodded.

“I do.” You told him, your voice barely above a whisper.

“Then there’s other options. We could adopt…” He said throwing in a possible option. “There are thousands of kids waiting for a family, and trust me, anyone of them would be lucky to have you as their mum.” He said. “And even if we never had kids, I’d still have the family I dream of as long as your with me.”

“I just don’t want you to resent-“

“Resent you?” He questioned. “I could never resent you.”

“But what if you change your mind…” You asked again.

“I won’t.” He replied with honesty. “Y/N, I love you. You are the reason I wanted to start a family in the first place. I want to spend every day with you, I want to experience life and what it brings by your side. I never wanted, or loved, anything as much as I do you. So please, don’t walk away from me. From this. Because whatever may come, I know we can work it out as long as we’re together…” He said as a single tear escaped his eye. Your hand instinctively reaching up to wipe it.

“It’s a shame we don’t actually have a ring.” You said jokingly, letting him know you were in. You accepted. You did. Because there was nothing else you wanted more than what he had your said. You felt the same. You knew you could work anything out. Together.

As a family.