MEETING YOU - Chris Evans x Reader! [Part 2]

The guests had slowly begun to arrive and, being the great maid of honor you were, you were helping them make themselves comfortable. From guiding them towards their seats, or showing them the restrooms, to engaging in small conversation with some of the family members. You knew how much your best friend had waited for this day to come, and you were doing all you could to make it go as smoothly as possible.

You were talking to some of you best friend’s aunts about how ideal the weather was for an outdoors wedding such as this, when you heard someone lightly clear their throat right behind you. Whoever that was, was trying to get your attention. Probably some other guest wondering which side was the groom’s and which the bride’s. Excusing yourself from the very excited aunts, you turned to met the person waiting for a minute of your attention.

“Hey!” Your said welcoming him, and going in for a small hug. You had hugged so much people that day, it had become an automated response. Realizing what you were doing, you took a step back giving the guy some space.

“Hey!” He replied with one of the brightest smiles you had ever seen. His hand still lingering on your arm after the semi-hug. His eyes fixed on yours.

“Look at you!” You said with a smile, eyeing him from head to toe, admiring his outfit. Even though every groomsmen whore the same blue-shaded suit, he looked dashing in it. “Trying to upstage the groom?” You joked making him blush lightly. 

“Have you even looked at yourself?” He asked turning his charm on. Feeling confident for a moment, before he saw your smile flattening and your cheer turning into worry.

“What? Is something wrong?” You asked him looking down at your light yellow bridesmaid gown, looking for stains. “Is it my hair?” You asked looking up at him. An amused smile plastered on his lips. “Please, don’t tell me I’ve been talking to people all day looking like a mess.” You begged. He just shook his head, a light chuckle escaping his lips.

“You look absolutely stunning.”

“Oh, God. You scared me for a second.” You said with relief, playfully pushing his shoulder. “Thank you.” You said timidly, looking into his eyes as the meaning of his word hit you. 

“Chris!” You heard another man yell as he walked towards you. Chris’ hand finally separating from your arm, making you feel a strange crave for his touch, as he turned his body to face at the man. “Did you find out where am I supposed to sit?” The other guy asked. “Oh, hi.” He said greeting you.

“Hi, I’m Y/N. Nice meeting you…” You said expecting to find out what his name was.

“You’re Y/N? I’ve heard a lot about you.” He said instead. Your puzzled look making him realize what he had just let slip out of his mouth. Chris face turning bright red at your interaction. “From… other guests.” He said trying to fix his blunder. “I’m Scott, by the way.” He added with a kind smile. Maybe the answer was to shut up.

“Your plus one?” You asked Chris.

“Yup.” Chris answered biting his lip. “For now.” He added giving Scott a look.

“I’m his brother.” Scott said, unaffected by his brother gaze. It was almost as if he was actually enjoying it. “He’s single by the way.” He added making you laugh. 

“The ceremony is about to begin.” You announced watching the groom looking for you amongst the guests. “The groom’s side is over there. You can sit wherever you want.” You told Scott.

“Shall we?” Chris’ asked, offering you his arm to hold onto. You nodded, locking your arms together; grateful for the support. Walking with heels on the grass was no easy task.

“See you guys later!” Scott yelled. “Or not…”

Soft music started to play, indicating in was time for the ceremony to finally start. Adjusting your grip on Chris’ arms, you inhaled deeply trying to contain the emotions wanting to burst. And just as if you had been through this a thousand times, Chris free hand reached up to softly caress yours. It was unexpected, but surprisingly very soothing. Placing your other hand on top of his, you thanked him with a soft smile.

“Let’s do this.” You both said in unison, and tried to hold your laughter as you walked down the isle.

The ceremony was nothing but dream-like. It was majestic to be able to witness two people as in love as the bride and groom were. But you couldn’t help but divert your gaze from them to one particular groomsman on the other side of the isle. On more than one occasion you had caught him staring back at you. A goofy grin on his face. Ceremony, checked. You still had a reception to go. 

“Alright guys, just like we practiced.”  Your best friend told everyone as they gathered around the just married couple.

“Let’s do this.” Her husband said taking a hold of her hand and guiding her to the middle of dancefloor. A square area amongst the grass that had been previously prepared with some type of special flooring. Fairy lights hanging in all directions giving it a magical effect. 

Chris swiftly moved through the group of people making his way towards you. Finally standing right beside you, he stared at you with a bright smile. He was excited about this whole thing. And not just because he was also one of the biggest Disney fan, but because he got another chance to dance with you.

“Can I have this dance?” He asked, placing his hand in front of you.

“I don’t have much choice.” You joked with a shrug, and holding his hand.

“Let’s show them how it’s done.” He told you, swiftly guiding you to the dancefloor.

Once you were in the indicated position, you raised you free arm to place your hand on top of his shoulder. His free arm snaking around your waist. His cold fingers pressing softly against your exposed back, sending shivers down your spine. The temperature of his fingers probably wasn’t even the real reason, for that. It was just his effect on you. An effect you hoped he didn’t notice.

This time was different than last time though. Something had changed. It wasn’t an awkward first dance between two strangers any more. Even though it was only the second time you were doing it. There was a sense of ease, of familiarity to it. All signs of nervousness had left your bodies, as you comfortably waltzed around the dancefloor.

Using the turns the choreography had, Chris arms brought you closer with every turn you two made. Your dress swinging to the rhythm, like a feather in the wind, as you moved. Your arm slowly travelling to the nape of his neck for a much more comfortable position. His eyes never leaving yours as he quietly mumbled the lyrics to the song. The only time he looked away from your eyes was to take a quick glance at your slightly parted lips. The temptation to strong to resist.

As the music started to slow down, his face moved closer to yours waiting for a sign of rejection. Not finding any, his hand released yours and before you could even react it reached your face carefully bringing it closer to his.

“Just kiss her already!” You heard someone yell in the distance making you both take a step back and turn with confusion, first towards the sound and then towards the now married couple.

Your best friend, in the arms of her husband, staring back at you with a toothy grin. Their mischievous plan had worked. With a gentle nod of her head she encouraging you to go on. Chewing down on her lip with expectation.

“C’mon! We all want to see it!” Your best friend’s husband yelled, making the rest of the guest cheer.

“Kiss the girl!” You clearly heard Scott yelled from his table. And that was all it took to get people to chant along.

“We wouldn’t want to…”

“Steal our thunder? C’mon Y/N, we just got married so the two of you could meet.” She joked. “Go ahead. Kiss him. It’s an order.” She told you.

Turning your face back look at Chris, you found him already staring at you. “We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.” He told you, but you shook your head.

“Let’s show them how it’s done.” You told him, and without any hesitation he brought you back into his arms. His hand softly guiding your face towards his and closing the distance. Your own hand reaching back up to the nape of his neck, bringing his even closer as you deepened the kiss. A smile forming on his lips. It was even better than he had ever imagined, and all you had ever dreamed of. That date was now special for more than one couple.