THE ACE UP THEIR SLEEVE -Bucky Barnes x Reader x Sam Wilson (Platonic) [Part 6]

|| SPOILER ALERT - Do not read if you haven't seen FATWS's last episode yet. Or do, if you want to. Like i said many times before, I'm not your boss 🤷‍♀️. ||

A/N: I did not proofread it, sorry if there's any error.

"We have breaking news. There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan where authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone in effect..."

Sitting on her living room's couch, Y/N heard as the reporter on TV informed their audience about the current situation. The phone in her hand displayed a message Sam had sent her not long ago. On top of the coffee table, the tiny black earpiece's blue light blinked repeatedly screaming for her to put it in her ear.

Cursing under her breath, Y/N grabbed the earpiece and putting it on her ear, she stood up and ran towards her room. If she was going to do this, she needed to change.

"I'm almost there." She heard Sam say over the radio.

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked. His voice making her stomach flip pleasantly. Or it was probably just the fact that she going to be flying in the city again after such a long time that made her feel that way. Yep. That was the reason.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open." Sam said bringing Y/N's attention back to her search. Pulling the black box out of her closet and placing it on her bed, Y/N opened the lid to find her suit neatly folded inside.

"Sergeant Barnes." She heard someone say, making her smile. It was nice to hear people treating Bucky as something other than Hydra's former killing machine.

"And by the way, I called in some backup." Sam said, and this time it was Bucky who smiled at the thought of Y/N being back in the field with them.

"Excuse me, sir. Are you supposed to be here?" Y/N heard another voice through the radio. "It's me." A female voice said this time.

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asked, suddenly pissed. The illusion of seeing Y/N again flying out the window.

'Photostatic Veil', Y/N thought remembering S.H.I.E.L.D's disguising methods.

"Relax. No one's looking for me here."

"Do I hear Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Unfortunately." Bucky replied.

"Hey, Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together." Sharon told him.

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here." Sam said.

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway." Sharon responded.

"Depends on the therapist." Bucky commented.

"They're gonna move on the building soon. Be ready." Y/N heard Sam say.

Quickening her movements, she changed into Ace's outfit with ease. Just like she had done a million times before. Staring briefly at her reflection in the mirror, she sighed with nostalgia. She hadn't realized how much she had missed wearing her stealth suit until now.

Finishing strapping her winged harness, she made her way back into the living room. "The NYPD has the area secured for the moment. Everyone is urged to stay clear." The reporter said, still standing on front of the camera.

Through her open window, Y/N could hear the sirens wailing. Their red and blue lights, tinting the buildings with their colors as they drove by.

Stepping out of her apartment, Y/N ran towards the stairwell. "This shall be enough warm up." She told herself running up the stairs and into the building's rooftop. "Time to save some asses." She said before jumping off while adjusting her earpiece. She had a long flight to Lower Manhattan and she hoped to find out some information from what others would say in the meantime.