(3/3) CHRISTMAS WITH THE EVANS - Chris Evans x Reader!

Dinner went by incredibly fast and, as soon as you realized, you all were sitting on the living room playing charades. You sat with the kids on the floor around the coffee table. Your back placed between Chris’s legs in search for some kind of support from the couch. His hands on each of your shoulders as he leaned down to ‘see better’.  The air filled with laughter because no one could quite figure what Scott was trying to represent making him start to act desperately. They were such a lovely family. And you felt at home even though you had never spent that much time with either of them. They had welcomed you with open arms and you would be forever thankful for that.

“How could you not guess it?” Scott complained once his time was over. “It was so obvious!”

“So obvious no one got it.” Chris commented making his brother roll his eyes at him.

“Alright, who’s next?” One of his sisters asked shuffling the cards.

“Hold on we gotta do something first!” Lisa said interrupting the game and standing up right after. “This holidays, we’re shaking traditions up a little.” She told everyone in the room. A group of confused faces stared back at her expectantly.  “This year, we’ve had the honor of having a foreigner guest among us.” She explained. “In her country, presents are opened at midnight instead of in the morning. That is why, tonight, each one of us is gonna open one of our presents. That way you might feel a little bit more at home.” She told you. A shy smile spreading across your face. You weren’t expecting that at all.

“Y/N,” One of Chris’ nephews said getting your attention.  “would you take me to your country next Christmas?” He asked. “That way I won’t have to wait until morning to open all my presents…” He reasoned.

“Sounds like a plan.” You replied sealing the deal with a handshake.

“Thank you…” You said quite surprised, receiving the gift Lisa was handing you. “How did you know that?” You asked.

“Well, let’s just say I did a little research…” She replied with a light shrug. “We know you’re far away from home, but we want you to know that now you have a second home here.” Lisa told you before wrapping you in a very maternal hug, that took everything in you to not cry to.
Wiping a single tear that had managed to scape your eye, you managed to thank her. As mush as you had come to term with the idea of being away from your family this Christmas, you still missed them.
Sitting back down on your spot, Chris’ hands found their place right back on top of your shoulders softly caressing them like an automatic reaction. 

“I hope you like it.” He whispered leaning towards you again, letting you know he had gotten you the present.
Carefully opening it, you found a very delicate silver bracelet inside the box. Taking it in your hand you noticed some numbers written on it and for a moment you thought the present wasn’t exactly for you.

“Coordinates?” You asked turning to look at him.

“Yeah.” He nodded. “This are the coordinates to your hometown.” He pointed out, your eyebrows shooting up with surprise.

“And this ones?” You asked filled with curiosity, turning the bracelet around to find another set of coordinates.

“They’re from Boston.” He explained. “Your two homes.” He added wiggling his eyebrows making you laugh.

“Thanks Chris! I love it.” You said putting in on before kissing his cheek. “Here’s mine.” You added handing him the box. “I think your gonna like it.” You told him trying to contain your laughter.

Holding it in his hand for a moment, Chris looked at you with curiosity. A loud heart-felt laughter escaped his lips as soon as he opened the box.

“Who would’ve thought?!” He said taking the bracelet out on the box and lifting it up.

“I know!” You responded. “For a moment I thought your mom gave me the present that was supposed to be yours. I was a bit confused…” You chuckled. “Yours only have the coordinates to Boston though. No second homes for you buddy.” You joked.

“We could always have them engraved later.” Chris shrugged while putting the bracelet on, a bright smile on his face.

“Yeah, we’ll se about that.” You laughed.

Who would have thought you would to give each other the same gift. It was a crazy coincidence, but you loved it. He was your best friend, of course you would think of the same thing! Right?  It didn’t have to mean anything else.

“Ready to go?” Chris asked an hour later. The kids had already fallen asleep, their arms wrapped around the presents they had opened as they snuggled up on the couches. Everyone was pretty tired already.

“Yes.” You replied as you finished buttoning your coat. Dodger wiggling his tail ready to go home with the two of you.

And he was the first one to enter his home. As soon as Chris opened the car door for his pup, Dodger run towards the front door. He had obviously missed Chris, but he had also missed his home.

“Thank you for inviting me…” You told Chris, taking of your coat and hanging it.

“Was it anything like what you expected?” He asked.

“It was really nice! You know I don’t like expecting things, I like being surprised by them. Because when someone expec…” You say beginning to ramble, but he stops you unexpectedly planting his lips on yours. The kiss was so quick, it didn’t even give enough time to react or do something.

“Sorry,” He apologized running his thumb through his lower lip.  “mistletoe.” He pointed up above your heads.

“Has that always been there?” You asked squinting your eyes trying to remember. Chris simply shrugged with what was clearly fake innocence.

“Are you really sorry about that?” You asked and he shook his head with a childish grin on his face. “Well, we’re still under it so…” You said raising your shoulders this time. It didn’t take long for Chris to his lips right back to yours. In fact he did it so quick it seemed like he was scared you might change your mind if he didn’t hurry enough.

This time you actually got the opportunity to kiss him back; to wrap your arms around his neck; to feel his body pressed against yours. His arms, one on your waist while the other on you cheek, keeping you in place; afraid you might vanish into thin air. The touch reminding him you were real, and you were right there in his arms like he had dreamed of thousands of times. His Christmas wish had come true.