THE ACE UP THEIR SLEEVE -Bucky Barnes x Reader x Sam Wilson (Platonic) [Part 2]

Walking home at night was not something that scared Y/N. She knew how you fend for herself after all. But, every once in a while, one could come across unexpected or unwanted company.

The short trip to her favorite restaurant, to get some take out, and then back to her apartment had been so far so good. That was until she saw two figures standing outside her building.

Being cautious, she made sure to have one arm free in case she needed it. She could easily take two men down single-handedly. Except these two weren't regular men. At least one of them wasn't.

"Not you again!" Y/N said throwing her head back.

"Good evening Miss. Y/L/N." Sam welcomed her with a charming smile. Y/N rolled her eyes, and opening the building's door she walked inside, without paying much attention to the two men waiting for her.

With a swift movement, Wilson used his body to keep the door from closing. Opening it again, both men entered and followed her suit on her way to her apartment. Y/N turned to look at them for a moment, before finally opening her apartment's door heavily sighing. They weren't going anywhere.

"Come in." She told them holding the door open with her free arm.

"Let me help you with that." Sam said with the same smile, taking the heavy paper bag from her and putting it on top of the kitchen isle.

"What a gentleman." Y/N commented sarcastically, closing the door once Bucky had entered.

"Oh, you know me. Always happy to help." Wilson replied.

"Please." She said inviting them to sit on the stools by the isle. "Have you eaten anything yet?" She asked, taking out the recipients of the food she had just bought. Seeing how both men shook their heads, Y/N opened a drawer and grabbed some forks.

"This smells amazing." Sam said opening one of the plastic containers.

"I know, right?" Y/N agreed. "So tell me, two visits in one week, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Y/N asked opening one of the recipients herself.

"Have you thought about..."

"Straight to the point I see. I like that." She said pointing her fork towards Wilson after interrupting him. "Yeah. No, I'm not gonna do it." She told him.

"What?! C'mon!" He said. "It's a serious matter, and it's just the two of us." He told her.

"Just the two of you?" Y/N questioned taking a bite from her food. "What happened to the Star-Spangled clown and his Battle-Boy?" She asked and heard Bucky huff.

"We decided we're riding solo. We'll be free to do our thing that way." Sam vaguely explained.

"And what do you need me for? Ride solo babe, be free." She said filling her mouth again.

"They're super soldiers." Sam said, and Bucky stared at Y/N curious to see how she would react.

"Who? Walker?" She asked confused.

"No. The bad guys." Wilson told her. Bucky still watching her, waiting for her reaction.

"And?" She questioned raising her shoulders. Sam looked at Bucky for a moment before answering.

"So are you." He said leaning closer to her, who was sat opposite of them. It was now Bucky's time to react. His head shoot to his right to look at Wilson's face and the back to her.

"I'm no super soldier." She told him shaking her head. "I'm superhuman. There's a difference." She added. And the reaction he had so much expected from her, he was having. Sam looked at his partner once again, before carefully saying his next words. He wasn't sure how James would react to them.

"A superhuman trained by assassins." He commented. Y/N let her fork fall back inside her container, she wasn't hungry anymore. A knot had formed in her stomach and she could hear her ears ringing.

Raising her gaze to meet Wilson's she read what he was thinking. He had crossed a line and he knew it. And while he was sorry for doing it, he knew that was going to trigger her. He seriously needed the help.

"Do you think they have something to do with your that?" She asked, her voice a little hoarse.

"I don't know." He said. "They're called the Flag-Smashers. We think she's their leader." Sam said sliding his phone across the isle. A 'wanted' picture on the screen.

"Karli Morgenthau." Y/N mumbled thinking. "I don't think I've ever heard from her." She told them. "She seems young." She said pushing the phone back to his owner.

"Yup, but that little girl kicked Bucky's ass." Sam commented with a chuckle, lightening the mood.

"Really?" She asked Bucky, containing her laughter.

"That's not... I... she didn't... I..." Bucky babbled nervously, looking at Y/N. A half grin on her face. His gaze looking away with embarrassment. The countertop becoming very interesting all of a sudden. "They were strong." He said shrugging like a little kid.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked Wilson, and Bucky looked right up.

"Are you in?" He questioned with excitement.

"What choice do I have?" She asked. "You'll just show up in here till I do." She told him. "I have a few conditions though."

"I'm listening."

"I'm gonna need to get my suit back." She told Sam. "And you seriously need to stop staring." She told Bucky. "I'm the mind reader here. I'm the one who stares at people." She joked making his relax.

"Looks like you got yourself a team." She told Wilson.

"So it seems." He said.

"Your right-wing and your... left arm." Y/N joked making Wilson eruct with laughter. Bucky simply shook his head trying to hide his own laugh.

What a team had just been formed.