SUMMER NIGHTS -Chris Evans x Reader!

Summer breaks were quite a special time for you. Everybody got a chance to slow down and enjoy some quality time with the family. This meant brunches, board games, movie nights, picnics, long sunsets and star gazing; anything you could possibly imagine, you gave a shot. On some occasions, like this one for example, Scott would come up with a series of twists to very well known games to ‘spice things up’ (according to him at least).

On this particular evening you had settled on playing some UNO cards. The plot twist you might wonder, simple: the loser with the higher number of cards on their hands had to jump on the pool, and leave their spot for someone else to play. The bad thing about this was you had just lost. One card. You had one fricking card more than Carly.

“Y/N, I’m sorry. I don’t make the rules…” Scott said gathering all the cards and shuffling them again.

“Yes you do!” You told him leaning back on your chair.

“Oh that’s right.” He nodded, stopping for a second to look at you in the eye. A smile you knew all too well plastered on his lips. “Chris…” He said without taking his eyes off of you. His grin only growing.

“Sorry love.” Your husband -who has been waiting  for someone to lose so he could play- lifted you and threw you over his shoulders with ease.

“Wait! Babe, no!” You screamed holding onto him, trying to make him get you down.

“The rules are the rules…” He said walking towards the pool.

“Hold on a second, let me just-“ You said trying to ask him to let you, at least, take your clothes off so that you’d only wet your swimsuit. He didn’t listen.  “Chris!” You yelled once your head resurfaced from the water.

“Sorry hun, can’t talk right now. I’m trying to win a game here…” He said sitting on your former spot at the table.

“Oh my gosh, what happened to you?” Lisa questioned coming back to the garden with a jar filled with fresh lemonade.

“We were playing UNO cards and Scott had this dumb idea to throw the loser with most cards into the pool. I lost, but Chris couldn’t wait until I got my clothes off.” You said getting out of the pool. “This is the outcome.” You added taking your t-shirt off and wringing it.

“How is this my fault?” The aforementioned man asked.

“You literally threw me into the pool.” You replied and he gestured a silent ‘me?’, which apparently made everyone laugh.

“Come with me, I’ll get you some dry clothes…” Lisa indicated guiding you inside.

“It’s alright, don’t worry.” You told her, but walked behind her nonetheless.

“Nonsense, your clothes won’t dry on this climate… Come.” She told you.

A few minutes later and with a dry set of clothes you joined them again. The game hadn’t finished yet, so everyone was still really focused on the cards being played. Lifting his eyes from his own cards, Chris gaze met yours as you approached him.

“I hope you’re happy…” You said taking a seat right beside him.

"You look adorable in- wait is that my shirt?" He asked noticing what you were actually wearing. You simply raised your shoulders and showed him a tight-lipped smile. “That’s expensive…” He pointed out. You raised your shoulders even more, defiantly. Letting him know how little you cared about ruining it with your wet swimsuit underneath. It was his fault your own clothes were now drenched. 

The smile he was trying to hold escaped his lips as he stared at you with amusement. “What?” You asked him. Chris shook his head slightly.

“I love you.” He said, looking at you like you were the only one there; like everyone else had just disappeared.
Your heart started beating wildly inside your chest like every time he said those words to you; like the first time he had ever said them. They still made you nervous and the butterflies inside your stomach came alive once again. It was as if your love grew stronger every time you told the other how much you loved them.

“I love you too.” You replied staring back at him the same way he was looking at you.

Putting one hand on the side of your face, he brought you close enough to plant a loving kiss on your forehead. Both of you eyes-closed enjoying such innocent contact.

“Ahem.” Scott cleared his throat.

“Sorry to burst your bubble you lovebirds, but it’s your turn pal. If you keep us waiting you’ll definitely be the next one to visit the pool.” He warned his brother.

“That, I’d love to see.” You commented resting your head on Chris’ shoulder.

“Hey!” He said placing a hand on your tight.

“What? Rules are rules, aren’t they?” You told him with a light chuckle.

“Just play already!” Scott yelled exasperated. “Y/N, could you please sit away from my brother? You’re distracting him.”