THE ACE UP THEIR SLEEVE -Bucky Barnes x Reader x Sam Wilson (Platonic) [Part 4]

|| SPOILER ALERT - Do not read if you haven't seen FATWS fourth episode yet. Or do, if you want to. Like i said, I'm not your boss 🤷‍♀️. ||

A/N: I have not proofread it, sorry if there's any error.

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo." Bucky announced entering the building. His words getting Zemo on edge. He knew exactly what would happen to him in the hands of the Dora Milaje. "Bought us some more time." He added, making the other man relax a little.

"Were you followed?" Sam asked siting at the kitchen bar.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" He questioned.

"Cause I know when I'm being followed." Bucky replied with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least." Zemo said joining the conversation.

"Hey, you shut it." Sam told him. "No one's defending you. You killed Nagel."

"Guys..." Y/N said from the couch, interrupting their conversation.

"What?" Sam spat turning to her. Only to find her staring at him with an eyebrow raised. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot." She informed them.

"What?" Wilson asked much more interested now. "What's the damage?"

"Eleven injured, three dead." She said. "And that's not all. They have a list of demands, and promised more attacks if said demands aren't met." She added.

"She's getting worse." Zemo commented. "I have the will to complete this mission. Do you?" He questioned.

"She's just a kid." Sam said.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist." Zemo told him. "The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."

"Hey those are our friends you're talking about." He said interrupting the Sokovian.

"The avengers, not the Nazis." Bucky explained, making Y/N silently snort at the obvious remark.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her." Sam told Zemo. The man didn't only want to stop Karli, but he also wanted to help her.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her." Zemo responded. "Or she kills you."

"Maybe you are wrong Zemo." Bucky objected. "The serum never corrupted Steve."

"But there's never been another Steve Rogers, has there?" Zemo replied, admitting that the former Captain America had been an outlier. He wasn't wrong.

"So," Y/N said, finally standing up from the couch and walking towards the men in the room. "From my understanding, Donya is like a pillar of the community right?" She asked, not really expecting an answer from them. "There's a chance, they'll have a funeral or at least a memorial for her. Karli is gonna be there. We just need to find out where." She told them.

"Worth the shot." Bucky said looking at her.

The resettlement camp was a great place to start asking questions. The internationally-displaced people had probably already been in contact with Karli, or some of her followers at least. They had to know something.

"It's a shame what's become of this place." Zemo commented as they walked in, making Y/N roll her eyes as she walked right behind him.

"I'm gonna take a look around upstairs." Sam announced. "You see what you can find out here. Keep an eye on him." He told them, motioning his head towards Zemo.