Chapter Fourteen: Someone Like Her

The party was in full swing.

The sun had gone down and it was past curfew for many of the freshmen at Bradford, but that did not seem to phase any of them. As the music blared, Genevieve Walker danced happily with her friends, Kate and Julia.

"This is so much fun!"
Eve yelled to Julia, hoping she would hear her over the music.

Julia giggled and twirled around while taking more sips out of her red solo cup that had been filled with jungle juice the entire day.

"See! Aren't you glad you came?"
Julia cheered while the song changed and everyone started cheering happily.

Eve couldn't help but smile as she looked around her. Everyone was having a great time as they all danced in the large backyard of the frat house.

To Eve, she was finally living the college experience that she had so desperately wished for. She soon started to sway her hips to the beat of the song, although she felt slightly sweaty and tired from dancing for so long, Eve was having the time of her life.

"Oh Eve, looks like you have a admirer."
Julia wiggles her eyebrows towards her.

Eve furrowed her brows with confusion until she felt someone place their hands on her hip and whisper in her ear,
"You never texted me."

Quickly turning on her heel, Eve came face to face with the cute boy from the bakery.

Noah.

"H-Hi, what's up?"
Eve smiled trying to remain calm. But the butterflies in her stomach weren't helping much.

"I'm happy I got to see you again. I suppose now I can ask you out properly."
Noah grinned, the dimple on his left cheek was endearing.

Eve felt her cheeks go warm as she responded smoothly,
"Is that so?"

As Eve and Noah continued to flirt amongst themselves, the pair didn't notice Kate's worried glare.

Her encounter with Professor Lenox had been terrifying. Kate couldn't control the shiver of fear that went down her spine as she recalled his words.

"You will tell me everyone she talks to. Everyone she becomes friends with. And god help you if she even thinks of talking to a boy."

Kate could remember the disgust in his voice when he mentioned Eve talking to a boy. The  jealousy was evident but Kate knew better than to talk back to Professor Lenox.

He could ruin her life.

"So Bradford must be a bit different then what you're use to. I mean, you coming from Washington and all."
Noah was beaming ear to ear as he held Eve's hand while they talked.

Eve felt as if she were on cloud nine. Noah was charming to say the least. His thumb gently caressed her hand as they spoke. Eve didn't  want to be rude so she introduced Noah to Julia and Kate.

Julia was friendly as usual as she kept giving Eve a knowing look. Whereas Kate was shy in her response to Noah. She gave a quick wave then excused herself, claiming she needed to use the bathroom.

"So about that date-"
Noah's words to Eve were cut off by a commotion.

The music suddenly stopped as the students looked around with confusion. It wasn't until campus police marched through the back door of the frat house onto the patio when they realized the party was officially over.

"Everyone is to go home now!"
One of the campus officers yelled.

Needing not further direction, students began to swarm towards the exit. Eve attempted to stay with Noah and Julia as they left, but the crowd caused them all to separate.