Chapter Ten: Elevator Talk

The bakery smelt of pastries and coffee as Eve entered. It was a Saturday morning and much to her surprise the bakery was still somewhat busy.
Students littered the tables with the computers and school work out. Some professors spoke with one another while drinking coffee. As she stood in the somewhat long line to order she couldn't help the excitement that buzzed through her.

After her walk with Dean Harrington last night, Eve hardly got any sleep. The excitement of getting a new job was to blame. As well as the reality that she would be working so close with Dean Harrington. Although Eve knew the job of a student assistant wouldn't pay much, she hated asking her parents for spending money.

When she had asked Dean Harrington about the position last night, she was taken aback by how easily he said yes. Which made Eve admire him more.

To her, Dean Harrington was similar to a character out of a book or movie. He was astonishingly handsome, eloquently spoken, affluent, and best of all kind to her. No one had ever offered to walk Eve home before, let alone an attractive older man.

Eve felt like her deepest fantasies were coming to life. Her thoughts soon turned to her English Professor, William Archibald. She immediately felt her stomach fill with butterflies.

William Archibald was an absolute dreamboat. With his British accent and tattooed skin. Every time he spoke, it sounded like beautiful poetry.

Eve giggled silently to herself at her thoughts. She knew she was just a silly school girl with a crush. There was no possibility two men like Nicholas Harrington and William Archibald would ever look at her as more than a child.

The realization made Eve's stomach turn painfully. And she couldn't understand why. Perhaps her feelings were more than some school girl crush.
Now as she stood in line at the local bakery, Eve reconsidered bringing Dean Harrington something sweet as a way to say thank you for giving her the job.

"Next!"
A voice pulled her from her thoughts and as she approached the cashier she smiled at the cute boy across from her.

"Hey, what can I do for you?"
He smiled, his brown eyes twinkling slightly.

Eve looked to read the boys name tag that spelt out, Noah. He was cute to say the least with his shaggy brown hair and pretty boy smile. But cute was all Eve could use to describe him.

"Hi, I'd like two hot chocolates please."
She responded politely.

"Would you like whip cream with that?"

Eve nodded happily before adding,
"Oh and marshmallows too please."

"Anything for you."
Noah replied with a wink that made Eve blush.

After handing Noah the money for the drinks, she stepped to the side allowing the next person in line to order. She felt creepy as she watched Noah making the hot chocolates. Eve immediately noticed he smiled often as he interacted with customers and his co workers. Although Eve didn't have courage to engage in further conversation with Noah, he was still a cute boy in a coffee shop.

How could she resist looking at him.

"Alright, two sweet hot chocolates for an extra sweet girl."

Eve was pulled out of her thoughts when Noah came to the pickup counter, handing her a tray with her drinks in them. She smiled thankfully and felt her cheeks growing warm. Eve knew she probably looked as red as a tomato which made her want to groan with embarrassment.

"T-Thank you...you're too kind."
Eve gave Noah a small smile while taking the drinks from him.

Noah leaned over the counter and grinned,
"I'm sorry but I didn't get your name. I'm Noah, do you go to Bradford?"