Chapter Twelve: The Girl Who Kills Demons

At thirty eight years old, William Archibald had
thought he was over the days when he would use violence in order to get what he wanted. He considered himself a man that could easily deal with problems through conversation and business. But now as he stood in Nicholas's office, he felt all of his morals disappear upon realizing the object of his desire was also desired by his closest friends.

"Well, it seems we are not the only ones to break a promise."
Issac was the first to speak, his words were tense as well as the atmosphere of the room.

As William looked to Nicholas, he could see he was at war with himself. Although Nicholas's face was blank, his eyes were filled with mixed emotions.

"I broke no promise."
Nicholas's words came as a shock to William. Nicholas Harrington was many things, a liar was not one of them.

"Do you think we're foolish mate? You fancy Eve just as much as we do! And you choose to stand there and act noble as if Issac and I are a bunch of fuck ups."

William seethed, he felt his blood boil as his thoughts continued to think of Nicholas and Issac both wanting the girl he already felt claim over.

Eve stirred something inside of him. She made William want to know more about her, her dislikes, likes, what made her laugh and what made her cry. William was not only deeply attracted to Eve psychically, he needed to know her completely. Because to William, Genevieve Walker was unlike any creature.

"I haven't laid a finger on her nor do I have the intention to. Therefore, I broke no promise."
Nicholas's response was cold and left no room for argument.

William wanted to punch him for how collected he was acting. As if her were speaking to his students and staff rather then his friends.

Issac chuckles darkly while sitting back down on the loveseat.

"Now now Nicholas, I don't take you as a fool so I expect you to return the same courtesy."

It was no secret that Issac Lenox had the ability to know when someone isn't being entirely truthful. His profession is getting inside people's mind. A skill he sometimes practiced on his friends.

"Issac I do not owe you or William and explanation. Genevieve Walker is my new student assistant and I expect the both of you to leave her alone. She is a good girl, she doesn't need to be caught up between the two of you."
Nicholas growled out, clearly not appreciating the knowing stare Issac was giving him.

William finally spoke up,
"I can't give her up. I need to figure out what these feelings towards her are and I plan on doing just that."

Nicholas suddenly snapped his neck towards William's direction. His hands were balled into fists at his sides as he took a few angry steps closer to William.

"Don't go near her."
Nicholas threatens.

William cocked his head to the side, refusing to back down.

"Or what? In case you haven't realized, mate, Eve is one of my students. I get to see her every fucking week."

Once William finished his sentence, Nicholas was suddenly in his face, his hands gripping the front of William's overly expensive suit.

"She's mine."
Nicholas growled, not entirely conscious of his actions.

William pushed Nicholas off of him, Issac stood while laughing darkly.

"Ah and there it is. Now that we each have a better understanding of our...hmm how should I say? Desire, towards little Genevieve I propose we put on our big boy pants and decide how we should approach this situation."

William and Nicholas looked towards Issac as if he had grown another head. Although Issac was a genius, he like the rest of them was hardly mature enough to think of sharing Eve.

To each of them, Eve wasn't some booty call that they could take turns with. She was much too precious for anything like that.

"What are you blabbering on about, mate?"
William growled, his patience wearing thin.

Issac just smirked before shrugging,
"Why not let Eve decide? Whoever she chooses, gets her. The other two must back off."

Nicholas immediately began to shake his head,
"No, we must all leave her alone. This will cause nothing but trouble."

Not only were their careers at risk, but so was their friendship. The trilogy had never worked against each other.

"It will be a friendly spar. Besides, you know as well as the rest of us that we are not going to stay away from her. So you can either join the game or get the fuck out of our way."
Issac's words were cold and threatening, the true Issac Lenox was starting to show which immediately awoken Nicholas's inner dom.

He had never backed down from a challenge.

"We will not force her."
William spoke while looking between both Issac and Nicholas.

"Agreed."
Nicholas responded before looking towards Issac.

Issac smirked,
"Why, of course."

For a moment the room went silent as William and Nicholas focused on Issac. He looked composed as usual but he had a mischievous gleam in his eyes that spoke of menace.

"Issac you cannot manipulate her."
Nicholas spoke, knowing his friend was up to no good.

As Issac gathered his things, he smiled charmingly while looking between William and Nicholas.

"I can assure you there will be no manipulation on my part. Only mere strategy. Have a good day gentlemen."

William and Nicholas watched as Issac walked out of the office. His head held high and power flowing off of him as usual. Once he was gone, Nicholas felt a headache forming as he began to realize they mess they had all made.

It was unlike any of them to compete for the affection of one girl. But Genevieve Walker was so...different.

Graceful, kind, smart, and of course, beautiful.

"I hate that it had to come to this."
William broke the silence.

Nicholas snorted back,
"Then back down."

William sighed while shaking his head,
"I can't Nic. There's just something about her that feels so right. I need her."

For a moment, Nicholas thought of you William's words. It had only been about a week since that had each met Eve, and yet they were all risking their life long friendship to be with her.

Had they gone mad?

"How can you be so sure?"
Nicholas rasped.

William's brows furrowed with contemplation. Then suddenly he sighed,

"Because when I'm with her, the demons go quiet. If that's not something to fight for, then I'm not sure what is."

William patted Nicholas on the back before leaving his office.

Nicholas was alone with his thoughts, and what he wanted most in the world right now was to have Eve beside him.

To make his demons go quiet as well.