Chapter Twenty: Coming Clean

As Eve and Noah strolled through the campus, they laughed and talked with one another. Eve felt her date with Noah had gone very well. He was caring, down to earth, smart and above all made his interests in her known.

"I wish we had some classes together."
Noah sighed, gently grabbing her hand to hold in his.

Eve felt the warmth grow in her cheeks and knew she had to be blushing. She held Noah's hand while they walked towards Main Hall.

"Me too, it seems I hardly see you on campus. Unless I'm at the bakery."
Eve responded, her words were a bit distracted as she noticed three moving figures out of the corner of her eye.

Noah smiled down at Eve,
"Well it would be great if you could visit the bakery more...hey! We're actually hiring if you're interested."

"That would be-"
Eve's words were caught of by the sense that someone was approaching, turning around she saw that Dean Harrington, Professor Archibald and Dr. Lenox were approaching her and Noah. Each of them had glares upon their face. Eve's stomach dropped to her toes.

"Dean Harrington, professors, nice to see you this evening."
Noah spoke with politeness but there was a hint of question in his voice as they seemed to approach the couple with much anger.

Eve stayed silent and simply nodded in acknowledgement. Their gazes on her were intimidating and forced Eve to look down at her shoes.

"Good evening, Ms. Walker, could I have a word with you?"
Dean Harrington was the first to speak.

His words shocked Eve considering he hadn't spoken to her for days. Unable to think clearly, she looked between Noah and the trilogy while stammering,

"Uh...I guess?"
Her response sounded more like a question.

"Come along."
Issac spoke, his stare was intense and command left no room for arguing.

Eve turned to Noah who seemed a bit stunned but also knew better than to challenge either of them.

"I'll see you later, thanks for tonight."
Eve whispered, she wrapped her arms around Noah and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

Noah hugged her in return and said his goodbyes before he walking off in the direction of his dorm building.

Even turned so she was now facing the men before her and she was immediately met with looks of anger and pure rage.

"Is there something wrong?"
She asked, feeling as if she had been caught taking a cookie from the jar.

"We are going now, come."
Dean Harrington gritted through his teeth.

Eve noticed the slight twitch in his left eye and could tell he was pissed off. She mentally cursed herself for being so weak and obedient as she walked with the men towards the parking lot. They surrounded her on each side and she couldn't help but feel as if they were guarding her.

Eve recognized Dean Harringtons car and stopped walking when she realized they wanted her to get in.

"What's going on? Where are you trying to take me?"
Eve asked desperately, looking between each of them.

"Genevieve get in the car, you're already in trouble."
Issac growled making predatory steps in her direction.

William placed a hand out to stop him while looking Eve in the eyes,
"Darling, please get in the car. We promise to explain everything shortly."

His coffee colored eyes held sincerity and care while he looked to her. Eve trusted William unlike any other. Although she was more nervous than ever she nodded her head and slid into the back seat of Nicholas's car.

She felt her heart threatening to beat out of her chest as she watched Nicholas go to the drivers seat and Issac sat beside him in the passenger.

Eve was pleased when William slid in next to her in the back of the car. She felt on edge around Nicholas and Issac.

Never with William.

"What is happening?"
She whispered to her English professor who over time had become so much more to her.

William smiled, taking hold of her hand in his,

"I promise we will explain, please be patient. I know this is frightening, but I can assure you, you are safe and cared for."

Although his words were reassuring, Eve couldn't help the anxiety that crept throughout her body. She tried turning her focus to the passing buildings yet her mind kept racing with the same question.

What do they want from her?

Nicholas's knuckles began to turn a ghostly white as he gripped his steering wheel with a tight force. The atmosphere was quiet yet so tense. He knew he couldn't allow his anger to get the best of him. Nicholas could sense Isaac's rage as well.

Tonight was supposed to be the night they tell Genevieve their true feelings for her.

It also seemed to be the night their doll had a date with a boy.

As Nicholas sped through the streets, wanting nothing more than to be in the comfort of his home where they could finally tell Genevieve she was theirs, he knew he needed to calm down.

As head dom, he needed to have a clear head in order to make sure Genevieve felt safe and comfortable when they told her the truth.

Upon pulling into the driveway of his home, both he and Issac immediately stepped out of the car. They gave each other a knowing look over the roof of the car before Nicholas proceeded to open the door for Genevieve.

He was both shocked and pleased when she stepped out of the car willingly. Nicholas knew William had a way of making people feel safe, which was what Genevieve needed most right now.

Taking hold of her hand, he cursed when he realized how cold they were.

"Let's get you inside."
He spoke, ushering her past the car and to the front door.

Nicholas knew Issac and William were following closely behind.

As they entered his home, Nicholas could feel Genevieve shiver slightly. He knew she was probably nervous, if not terrified.

"Please have a seat, dear."
Nicholas spoke softly while removing her coat, as they entered the drawing room.

Doing as she was told, Genevieve sat on the love seat, while the three men stood before her.

"Okay, now can someone tell me what's going on please?"
She looked between the three men with so many mixed emotions.

Issac growled,
"Who was that boy you were with?"
His tone had a sense of disgust.

Eve's face filled with confusion,
"I'm not sure how that's any of your business, Professor."

They were taken aback by the slight sass in Eve's voice. Perhaps the little mice did have claws.

Nicholas placed a hand on Issac's shoulder, in order to remind him of their plan. Issac nodded in his direction but the anger he felt was still apparent.

"Genevieve, we have something we would like she share with you. We know it may seem pretty bizarre and even frightening, but we hope you feel the same way as we do."
Williams soft tone filled the room.

Eve couldn't help her thoughts from racing with so many questions and thoughts. What could they want from her? Could they possibly be attracted to her the way she was to them? Are they trying to tell her that they have no interest in her and never will?

At the last thought, she felt a sharp pain go straight to her heart.

Although she wasn't sure she could handle what ever news they told her, she cleared her throat and responded,

"Okay."

Both Issac and William looked to Nicholas who stood between them. Nicholas cleared his throat, before looking Genevieve straight into her eyes.

"We want you."