Chapter Fiftheen: Fighting Demons

As sun beams streamed through the large windows into the bedroom, Eve moved about in bed before eventually opening her eyes.

When she awoke she immediately sat up, looking around the room that was certainly not her dorm. Memories of last night swarmed her head. She remembered sitting on the Dean's lap as well as his vague words. She remembered the feeling of having him so close to her...it was heavenly.

Apparently he was unsure of what he wanted from her. But when he had mentioned others, he immediately ended the conversation by claiming Eve needed rest. She sensed he was hiding something but Eve knew better then to pry.

Looking down at herself she recalled Nic offering her one of his shirts to sleep in. Smiling, she breathed in his intoxicating scent and felt at peace.

Her peace was soon interrupted by the sound of her cellphone ringing. Finding her jeans on the floor, she dug through the pockets before grabbing the device and answering,

"Hello?"

"EVE! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"
The voice belonged to Julia,it was odd hearing her with such a tone, she was usually chipper.

"I'm sorry, I got mixed up with the crowd last night."
Eve breathed out while running her fingers through her hair.

Julia sighed over the phone,
"Noah and I were worried. We were looking for you and calling you all night! Where are you?"

Eve began nibbling at her bottom lip nervously, she wasn't sure what to say. She couldn't possibly tell Julia that Dean Harrington has brought her back to his place, where she spent the night...could she?

"The truth is-"
Eve's words were cut off by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Whipping her head, Eve felt her stomach drop when she saw Nicholas Harrington standing in the doorway of the bedroom. His arms were crossed and his face held no emotion. Quietly he raised a fingers to his lips, his eyes never leaving hers.

He was telling her not to tell.

"I stayed with some friends I met last night. I'll be home soon."
Eve responded, never taking her eyes off of Nic.

He smirked before mouthing,
"Good girl."

Eve couldn't help the throbbing she felt as well as the pool of fluid that now soaked her panties.

"Okay, I'm happy you're safe. See you soon!"
Julia responded before hanging up the phone.

Eve allowed her phone to fall beside her on the mattress. She didn't move as her eyes remained locked with Nicholas. He took slow steps towards her until he towered over her.

She remained sitting as he reached his hand out and began to gently stroke the top of her head. Sucking in a breath, Eve closed her eyes and unconsciously leaned into his touch.

"I hate knowing you had to lie to your friend, little one."
His words were soft and held regret.

Eve opened her eyes and looked up at him,
"I-I...it's alright I wouldn't want to cause any trouble."

Her words were true. Whether he believed her or not Eve knew she would lie to anyone for him. She knew it was bizarre but it was the truth.

"You are so sweet....so good...why did you have to come to Bradford?"
His words were like a stab wound to her heart.
He sounded as if he had wished she never existed.

"I-I don't understand..."
She stammered, trying her best to hide her pain.

Nicholas moved away towards the bedroom door. It seemed he was going to leave without a word until he spoke over his shoulder,

"I'm sorry to caused you so much confusion. I think it will be best if no longer spend time together. Upon further consideration I will no longer be needing your services as my student assistant. There is some breakfast downstairs for you, as well as a car waiting outside that will take you back to campus. I am sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused you Ms.Walker."

He left.

The bedroom suddenly felt as cold as his words. Eve felt her eyes fill with tears as pain tore through her chest. She couldn't understand why he was suddenly so cold to her.

Had she done something wrong?

At the thought Eve took a deep breath and quickly reminded herself she was innocent. He was in a position of power, had broken numerous rules by bringing her to his home, allowing her to sit on his lap, caressing her...

She shook her head to rid her mind of those thoughts. Eve refused to allow him to have such an effect on her. It seemed Dean Harrington did not feel the same way she felt for him.

Her bottom lip began to tremble at the thought. How had she already grown so attached to him?

'He's older, handsome, dominant...he made you feel safe.'

She sighed, realizing her feelings stemmed from her own sick fantasies. They would never happen and she needed to realize that.

Nicholas Harrington watched from the windows of his office as Eve walked to the black town car in his driveway. His driver eagerly opened the door for her. He unconsciously balled his hands into fists at his side as he watched the car pull away out of view.

No longer having Eve in his sight out him on edge, but Nicholas knew he needed to learn to cope with it . What he did last night...bringing her to his home, getting so close with her...it was wrong. It violated the rules he had set in place. How could he have done such a thing?

Nicholas knew he was a hypocrite. He had spent so much time trying to convince Issac and William that they couldn't act on their feelings of it involved a student and yet he had forced Eve to come home with him last night.

Nicholas sighed as he recalled last nights events. He had been so angry when she didn't show for dinner. But most of all, worried. The thought of something bad happening to her, caused him to feel physical pain.

He had went out searching for her. When Nicholas discovered his sweet little Genevieve at that frat party, he was livid. There were so many boys around, alcohol, drugs...he didn't want his baby around those things.

'Shes not your baby'

Nicholas growled before suddenly shoving all of the contents off his desk out of anger. He knew he wanted Genevieve Walker more than he had ever wanted anything in his entire forty years. But continued to fight against his demons.

It wasn't fair to her. She's young, vibrant, her head full of dreams and laughter. The last thing Nicholas wanted to do was destroy the loving sweet girl he had grown fond of.

As he sat down on the love seat near the fireplace, he recalled sneaking into her bedroom last night. He had given her the guest bedroom near his own room. He needed her close by.

Her remembered standing over her sleeping form. As he replayed the scene in his head he couldn't help but feel like a creep. But watching her chest slowly fall and rise again, brought him a sense of peace.

Nicholas smiled when he remembered the way she tightly held onto the comforters, for comfort. The sound of her soft snores reassured him that she was safe.

To him, that was all that mattered.

As he had watched her sleep it  was then he made up his mind to send her back to school in the morning. Although he wanted her more than anything, he couldn't bear the thought of ruining something so precious.

In his mind, acting out on his feelings towards Eve would only cause pain in the long run.