Chapter Two: Genevieve

From the moment Genevieve Walker arrived to Bradford university she knew she belonged. The historical beauty of the campus was overwhelmingly stunning. And to her, each building looked like a palace.

Genevieve, or Eve, as she usually went by, found that even her dorm room was quite spacious and well kept.  But she would expect nothing less from one of the best universities in the country.

Leaving her small town in Washington state to attend an Ivy League across the country in the state of Massachusetts had been a big step out of her usual comfort zone. But with the endless support of both her parents, Eve was confident she would excel at Bradford.

"Hey I'm gonna start getting ready for the mixer!"
Julia, Eve's roommate called out to her while going into their bathroom on the other side of the dorm.

With no response, Eve sighed while falling back onto her mattress. She would be lying if she said she wasn't exhausted. After moving all of her belongings into her dorm, meeting Julia and her family as well as having to say goodbye to her own family had taken its toll on Eve for the day.

Her mind filled with excuses she could make in order to avoid going to the mixer for freshman that was being held tonight. Eve had immediately noticed Julia's fiery nature from the moment she had introduced herself. Julia had been nothing but friendly and inviting to Eve, something she appreciated immensely.

Although, Eve did prefer to stay in bed for the evening, wrapped in bed blankets with a good book to read.

There was no question as to why Eve had been accepted into such a prestigious school. Unlike most of the students here, she did not come from wealth. Her parents, owned a small diner in their rural town. Eve had been raised in a working class family but had been spoiled with something much greater then wealth.

Endless love.

Being an only child allowed Eve to be the center of her parents world. But growing up in such an isolated town forced her to be alone most of the time. It was at a young age when her passion for learning formed. There was not much to do growing up in the middle of no where.

So as soon as Eve learned to read, which was only at the age of two, she picked up a book, then another, and so on.

Eve had learned to plunge herself into the different worlds that the words guided her to. From books she learned wisdom, knowledge and most of all understanding.

Eve didn't have much friends back home. She was either reading or helping her parents maintain their family restaurant.

It was when she was accepted to Bradford she had made a vow to become more out going. And to live out the experiences and adventures that she always read about.

"I'm all done! What do you think?"
Julia swayed out of the bathroom, pulling Eve from her thoughts.

Eve couldn't help but admire her roommate. Julia was a beautiful girl with jet black hair and these piercing blue eyes that reminded Eve of ice. Her body unlike Eve, was much curvier and definitely more appealing. She wore red sundress that went nicely with her Malibu tan.

To Eve, Julia looked exactly like the woman she wanted to grow to be.

"You look amazing."
Eve smiles genuinely.

Julia returned her smile and gushed,
"You think so? I'm just so exited for this mixer! We get to meet everyone, make more friends, it will be great!"

Eve immediately felt her nerves rise and stomach her become uneasy. She wasn't use to being around many people, let alone trying to get to know them.

"Okay it's your turn to use the bathroom, let me know when you're ready, we'll head out."

Eve raised a confused brow at Julia,
"This is what I'm wearing."

Julia was no longer smiling and looked Eve's attire up and down. And for the first time in her eighteen years of life, Eve felt insecure about her typical shorts and tee shirt look.

"Eve you can't wear shorts to the mixer! Everyone is gonna be looking their best. Could you please try wearing a dress? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a dress."
Julia's tone was kind and Eve could tell she meant well.

Before she went to argue, Eve reminded herself that she was trying to break through her comfort zone and this was the perfect way to start.

"Okay."
She mumbled before walking over to her wardrobe.

Julia let out a squeal of delight as Eve grabbed a dress from her closet and made her way into the bathroom.

Taking in her reflection, Eve did realize she wasn't exactly in mixer attire. Her shirt had her family's diner logo on it along with some faded grease stains. Her shorts were baggy and did not compliment her physique at all.

After she undressed, Eve slipped into the baby pink midi dress she bought before coming to Bradford. Her mother had been ecstatic when Eve requested to go shopping for a new wardrobe before attending college. She wanted to look mature and feminine.

Once the dress was on, Eve looked into the full body mirror and she felt her eyes widen. Her chestnut colored hair flowed in waves around her shoulders and down the her waist.

The dress fit her figure like a glove. Her soft curves were showing but not too much in an suggestive way. Her breast which were perky and full looked amazing under the dress.

For the first time ever, Eve felt sexy.

"Eve? You almost ready?"
Julia called from the room.

"Just a sec!"
She called back, before glancing over herself in the mirror once more.

"You got this."
Eve whispered to herself before exiting the bathroom.

"Oh my gosh! You look amazing!"

Eve could feel her already rosy cheeks turn pink at Julia's compliment. Growing up, she had always been told that she was a very pretty girl but she didn't pay much attention to it.

"Can I do your hair?"
Julia asked excitedly.

Eve giggled and nodded while Julia ushered her to the vanity in their room. She tried not to fidget about as Julia brushed her brown locks and pulled it back into a sleek low pony tail.

"And just a little bit of make up."
Julia whispered.

Eve felt anxious as Julia applied mascara, blush and lipgloss on her. She had never worn makeup before and was not sure what she would look like.

"Ta da! All done!"
Julia exclaimed happily.

Turning towards the vanity mirror, Eve couldn't help the small gasp that escaped her. Her naturally rosy face looked just a little more rosy in all the best ways. The mascara didn't make her eyes look too dark in fact they and her green colored eyes pop even more then usual.

"What do you think?"
Julia whispered anxiously.

Eve continued to stare at her reflection as she felt the oddest feeling take over he mind and body. It was a mixture of joy, excitement, fear, and self love.

Eve was blossoming, and she was ready to welcome it.

"I love it! Thank you so much!"
She gushed, pulling Julia into a hug.

Julia laughed and hugged her back,
"Of course you're my best friend!"

The title warmed Eve's heart. She had never been someone's friend before, let alone best friend. She did not take the title lightly and vowed to be the best best friend the world had to offer.

"Come on! Let's go show our Bradford pride!"
Julia exclaimed while walking towards the door.

With one last look in the mirror, Eve took a deep breath and followed.