Four

Four
"Team Tribrid"

Eventually, I was lead to a spacious room with two double beds and enough space to even fit two more. Maybe even then some.

The décor was as elegant as the rest of the school, but had a few modern touches here and there. In various corners of the room, there were canvases. Some had extravagant paintings to cover them while others were left blank.

I figured this was her room, and these were her paintings.

"This is my room... I would have a roommate but Dr. Saltzman tries to categorize the students to match their species. Y'know, witches, wolves... those sorts of things." Hope motioned the area around us. "Of course there's no one like me, so..."

I tried to stay as far away from her belongings to try not to invade her space. The last thing I wanted to do was cause either of us to be uncomfortable.

Hope saw my (most likely) visible discomfort and pointed towards a door to my left. "That's the bathroom... You can shower and do whatever you have to... I'll-I'll bring some spare clothes and there should be some spare toiletries in the bottom cabinet."

I headed into the bathroom, swiftly yet cautiously, still trying not to invade her personal space. I found the switch to the bathroom lights, turning them on immediately.

The bathroom was fairly small but there was enough space to stretch and move around freely.

With the door closed behind me, I removed the ruined clothes I've had to wear for some amount of years that were now ruined by the stand-still embodiment of Malivore.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Nearly every inch of my skin was spotted in dried black tar. Escaping was no easy task. Seeing myself like this only reminded me of the constant torture of knowing I'd probably never be home again. It seems silly now that I'm out, but it's not exactly the same because they're dead.

I couldn't even imagine what Hope must've felt.

A knock on the door caught my attention. "Hey," Hope's slightly muffled voice sounded. "I put some old Salvatore sweats on the bed."

"Thank you," I mumbled. By that signal, I decided to finally shower.

I had no idea how long I was in for, but between the steaming hot water on my skin, the smell of warm vanilla Dove body wash (damn fine choice in my opinion), and the ability to finally get this stuff off of me and out of my hair... hot damn, I felt good.

The water had gotten cold so I figured it was time to head out. I looked in the cabinet below the sink to get two towels; one for my body and the other to dry my hair.

I entered the empty bedroom, immediately finding the swear pants and shirt, both with the Salvatore School brand embroidered into them. It was unfortunate that I didn't have any underwear, but for now I was just happy to have something clean to wear.

Just as I slipped on the sweat pants, someone knocked on the door. I didn't really answer but the door opened anyway, and Hope carefully poked her head in.

"Hey..." She gave a small warm smile while completely entering the room. "Glad to see you're quite comfortable in those sweats."