Sixteen

Sixteen
"Jinx"

After class, Hope and I rounded up what I'm going to call the Dream Team and had us all meet in a gazebo in the back of the school. Rafael was running a little late for some reason, but eventually we spotted him jogging over to us. I propped myself up on the wooden railings of the gazebo and folded my arms.

"Sorry I'm late," Raf huffed. "Some wolves were causing trouble. Did you guys start without me?"

I shook my head. "Nah, we waited. It's no big deal."

Kaleb looked between me and Hope. "So what's this about?"

"Mel came up with a plan to put Malivore down," Hope smiled. "And it's a really good one. It's gonna be hard, but it's a good plan."

"So let's hear it," Ric said.

"Well our first step is to find two spells. The one that created Malivore, and the one that liquidized him." I pointed out.

"That's impossible, those spells were never written down or anything."

"Do you know that for sure?"

"That's the thing," Lizzie scoffed. "No one does. It could be at the bottom of a volcano for all we know, or maybe the written versions really don't exist."

Josie shook her head as she thought aloud. "I get why we need the creation spell." She then looked at me. "But why do we need the spell that made him into a pit?"

Hope stepped forward. "Like the creation spell, we need the spell to reverse it. To make Malivore a golem again. That way we don't need to toss anyone to destroy him."

"Do you realize how dangerous that is?" Ric said, making an obvious point. "Malivore is dangerous even in the state he's in and you want to put him back in his full form?"

"Would you rather me or Mel or three people to jump in to destroy him? Be forgotten for that sacrifice?"

"It could very well be the... new only way to kill him," I sighed. "Unless someone has a better plan of action, this is the best we've got."

"I think it's good," demon boy shrugged.

"Thanks, spawn of Satan." Hope shot me a deadly glare. I shrunk back, mumbling an apology.

Raf scratched the back of his head. "Still raises the question of how we find the spells, though."

I hopped down from atop the railing, throwing my hands up. "Don't know."

Lizzie rolled her brown eyes. "Some plan you have."

"I didn't say this would be a freaking foot-long marathon. It's gonna take time."

"For all we know, we don't have time. What if another monster is roaming those halls right now?"

"Dude!" MG whined. "You just jinxed us!"

"Oh, please, Milton. That's just syfy-geek... stuff... there's no such thing as jinxing."

But because there is such a thing as jinxing, there was a deafening screech that sounded from the school. However the only other person that turned their attention towards the school was Hope. She heard it, but why didn't anyone else?