Seven

huh. I guess I am writing during my vacay. so here go :3

Seven
"The Grimoire"

I did try to mingle like Hope said to. It probably would've been good to get to know people. Let them know I wasn't a threat to them. But the second I stepped foot into a room, they'd all go silent and scurry away like cockroaches when the kitchen light turns on. They're afraid of me because they know I came from Malivore, but they don't trust that I wasn't sent by him.

Understandably so. I mean, everything from Malivore came to lay harm on someone in the building. Who's to say I'm any different, right?

Nearly two weeks passed since I escaped and made my way to the Salvatore school. Hope continued to question me on my life. Though there wasn't much to it. Parents died, brothers died, pack was murdered. I was adopted by an upgraded original vampire. Possibly drugged, then dumped into Malivore.

Though, of course, I didn't tell her about the part with my brothers. Not fully. I'm not ready for that yet.

Hope inserted herself on my missions. One; to find who sent me to Malivore. Two; find the remaining vampires that attacked the Crescent Wolves. She probably doesn't know, but I also will be shadowing her demon lover, just on case. But finally, I need to work up the courage to return to New Orleans. To Marcel.

But I worry he won't be so happy to realize I've been missing for three years.

I figured the best way to get clues as to how I disappeared, we'd have to go back to where I disappeared from. Fort Valley, Georgia.

Right now all that are coming with us are packing their bags to stay a while. A day is all. Just to try to find clues. I didn't have very many clothes, so packing wasn't an issue. Besides, once we get to Fort Valley, I should be able to get my old clothes. I haven't even grown too much from back then, really. They should still fit.

I made my way down the corridors of the school, to the front entrance and out. There was already a truck ready for us to leave in.

"You ready to go?" Dr. Ric's voice sounded from behind me. I nodded in response, dropping the small bag to my side. "Good. We're all set then."

"So why does the whole gang have to come?" I asked.

"It's not the whole gang."

"But the majority. We're only missing...what? Two vamps? And a demon child?"

"'Demon child'? Do...you mean Landon?"

"Yes."

"Okay, why's is he proclaimed the 'demon child'?"

"Because he's Malivore's son, isn't he? I don't trust him."

Ric laughed, stepping close enough to whisper in my ear. "Aren't you the one that shouldn't be trusted?"

"That is, if my one purpose besides finding those vampires, and the asshole-sorry, the person-that took me from my apartment... if my one purpose besides those wasn't to look after Hope, you'd all be in harm's way."

"Are you saying you'd kill us?"

"Now you're putting words in my mouth, Dr. Saltzman."

"You didn't deny it..."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed because although Dr. Ric was joking, I knew there was a good chance it was a legitimate question. I'm tired of having to constantly prove my good intentions. "For the last time, I am not interested in killing anyone here." Maybe besides the demon child if he's tempted by his father. Or if he hurts Hope.