Thirty

Thirty
"A Terrible Stakeout"

Lizzie hastily grabbed onto Jack's arm and hauled her out of the room. Hope wanted to follow them and see what that was all about, but what concerned her more was the girl standing in front of her.

Jack made attempts to pry herself from the blonde's grip, but her attempts were futile as Lizzie was much stronger than she looked.

Eventually Lizzie pulled Jack into her and Josie's room and closed the door behind them. She released Jack, then retrieved a small candle and lit it immediately. Jack cocked her head to the side, confused. "What's with the candle and dragging me in here?"

"Because," Lizzie huffed, placing the candle down on her side table, "nobody needs to hear this but me and you and there's literally like, a hundred vampires in this School."

"But-"

"Don't you think that was a little weird?"

Jack shook her head furiously. "Just what are you talking about?!"

"Melori, duh! Don't you think it was a little weird how she just suddenly gave up and drank the blood? Obviously she didn't want to!"

"I swear you people are crazy. I'm gonna go now." Jack turned to leave the room.

Lizzie smirked to herself. "I think Melori's sired to Hope." This got Jack to stop dead in her tracks, her hand hovering over the door knob. "I know. Interesting, right?"

Jack turned to look at Lizzie. "What gave you that idea?"

"Like I said, it's really weird that Mel was so against fully turning until she was ready, and then Hope's all like 'do what I say when I say it-' and Mel just does it? And she's fine with it?" Lizzie walked closer to Jack. "I sense some seriously juicy stuff here, dear Jaquelin."

Jack pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head. "I'm too tired for this. I mean- god, it explains so much, but it doesn't make sense. How would Mel be sired to Hope?"

"That's what we are going to figure out."

"I didn't ask for this. I just wanted you guys to come to your senses about Melori's death wish."

"But you're her friend right? Wouldn't you want her to have free will again?"

"Of course, but we don't know for sure if she's actually sired!"

"Then we get proof." said Lizzie, rolling her eyes.

The two girls jumped at the sound of the door knob jiggling, and Jack turned to stand next to Lizzie, trying her best not to look too suspicious. Lizzie just smiled and waited for the person to enter. Which, of course, only means she's definitely up to something.

When Josie entered the room, they were able to relax just a bit. But with Josie knowing her sister all too well, she sighed internally. "What are you up to?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked, dear sister! We might actually need your help with this."

Before Josie could ask any questions, her sister dragged her further into the room and closed and locked the door behind them.