Five

Five
"Marcel Gerard"

several days later...

"So let me get this straight..." Hope and I were in what was now our bedroom, answering each other's questions. I had questions about Malivore. She had questions about me. And currently she was listing all the monsters that were sent by Malivore.

I was bewildered with how much has happened for her these past few years. I paced the room, trying to wrap my head around everything. "You've faced a dragon, a spider thing-"

"An arachne-"

"-a freaking unicorn, a mummy, Cupid-"

"Technically his brother, Pothos..."

"-a gargoyle, a necromancer-"

"The Necromancer. He's a bit of an egotistical asshole..."

"I mean, you've been busy!" I chuckled, still just barely believing it myself. I always thought that the only supernaturals that existed were vampires, werewolves, and witches. Never did I even consider ancient mythologicals being real.

"It's a lot to believe, I know. I mean I can't even believe you exist." Hope smiled as she pulled her legs into a crisscross position on her bed. I decided to stop pacing the room and sat on my bed, opposite from the princess.

"I'm sensing there's a deeper meaning to that than me being the last hybrid..."

"Yeah." She looked down at her hands and began fiddling with her fingers. "It's been pretty lonely. Like, all my life...being what I am, I mean." Her blue eyes found mine, and she and I both maintained the contact. "You are as much of a tribrid as I am. It's in your blood. Sure, magic doesn't come to you as easily as it does me or the average witch. And sure you can't create other hybrids with your blood... But," she sighed. "For the first time I don't feel alone. Even if I wasn't before."

I nodded in understanding, knowing that feeling all too well.

"I don't know, am I making any sense?"

"You are. In fact, I understand perfectly."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure. Because you totally didn't know about me, 'the princess,'" she mocked.

In that moment I was beyond tempted to tell her about Mark and Mason, but I decided well against it. I trust Hope with my life, as I am trying my damnedest to get her to do the same with me, but I wasn't ready to trust anyone with my feelings. The only living person right now with that privilege is Marcel.

I bit my tongue, deciding to change the subject as the thought came to mind. "Do you think Dr. Ric would let me go to New Orleans? To see Marcel? Is-is there even a way to restore his memories of me...?"

"That depends on if you want him to remember..."

I shook my head slowly. "I don't know. I need to see him first."

Hope smiled lightly before hopping off her bed. She sat on the floor in the space between our beds, patting the spot in front of her. "Come sit."

"What are we doing?" I asked, sitting across from her.

"We're gonna see Marcel. Then you can decide if you want him to remember you..."

I nodded slowly. The princess before me held out her hands for me to take hold of. I didn't know the specifics of how I would see Marcel, or how this spell Hope would be casting even works.

"What do I do, Princess?"

Hope pursed her lips, eyeing me with almost no expression. "Just relax, close your eyes and concentrate." I followed the instructions as they were given. "Just think of him. Your days together, your nights. Just think of what he means to you. Find your connection to him."