Thirty-one

here's my cat for no reason :}

her name's Alora :)
---

Thirty-one
"The Departure"

Hope followed after Melori some time after talking with her in study hall. She couldn't stop carrying the frozen cup of water around, tossing it from hand to hand as she was truly fascinated by it.

It showed that Mel retained her abilities, and somehow now that she's become a vampire as well, her powers are showing exponential signs of growth. It hasn't even been 48 hours yet.

Hope reached their room, only to find that Melori wasn't there. There were two other places Hope could think of that the girl would go to; her secret thinking spot and the dungeons where her brother was being held. Before Hope decided to run off into the woods in attempt to find Mel, she decided it was best to check with Mark first.

It was good that she did, because Mel was indeed sitting down with her brother, making light conversion with one another.

Mark was the first to notice Hope, and Mel soon followed his gaze. She sighed heavily, slightly rolling her green eyes.

"Jesus, Hope, you really know no boundaries."

Hope held her hands up. "I... didn't come to argue."

"Then what do you want? I'm trying to talk with my brother, in case you haven't noticed."

"I noticed. I just need you know that I'm aware of the pressure I put you under when-"

"Ah," Mel nodded. "You're trying to apologize. Again. You're not getting it, are you?"

"I get that this isn't easy for you, and you maybe needed more time-"

"Maybe?!"

"-but could you seriously sit there and tell me you wouldn't have done the exact same thing if I were in your position?" Mel smacked her teeth, resting her head against the brick wall. Mark pursed his lips as he awkwardly looked between the girls.

"Of course you pull that card. And let's not forget those that word you dropped yesterday, right?"

"Well, neither of those things are bs, so yeah, I pulled those cards. And while I am sorry that maybe you'll have to suffer the bloodlust, I am not sorry that you're alive right now, sitting and talking with your long lost brother." Hope inhaled and exhaled slowly. "If you want space, I'll give it to you. But I'm not going anywhere. Neither is Dr. Saltzman, Jack, or the rest of the squad. Hell, not even Landon."

Melori didn't respond, or even return Hope's gaze. She just quietly waited for her to leave so she could return to her conversation with her brother.

When Hope did leave, and was walking up the stairs out of the basement, Mel sighed heavily. Mark shook his head.