Eighteen

Eighteen

"The Dam"

~a couple of weeks of warding off monsters and Malivore planning later~
A/N: just cause.

"
Mel

I'll be completely honest with you, okay.

I thought this monster fighting stuff would be cool, but no.

It's annoying.

These past... three, maybe four and a half weeks, no one can go a full day without worrying about what monster goop is going to get all over their homework. Because, hello, some of us actually want to get out of this place and go to college and live a good life. But since Malivore wants the tri-hybrid duo dead, we can't catch a break. (I have no idea why I said tri-hybrid duo??)

Anyway.

Two days ago a tooth fairy thing tried to make me choke on, well... teeth. Which, to clarify, he's not actually a fairy. He's a magic troll. Obsessed with molars. He even ate a handful of wisdom teeth in front of me.

I'm going to have nightmares forever.

But seriously, we've gotten no closer to finding anything we need to turn Malivore back into his golem state. And we definitely haven't gotten the creation spell to reverse his creation. And it's so tiring having to save my own ass. But I'll never get tired of looking out for Hope.

Speaking of, I haven't had much time to learn more about her. It's been school, monster hunting, school, sleep, then repeat. Some days I can't even shower properly because it's been so hectic.

And to make my schedule even tighter, Davina really has set up an extra session for me outside of class to help me get better at magic. So far the magic part is still a bust, but I am learning a lot more about how to channel it better. It's the part where I actually have to do it that's the problem.

Today felt like it'd be the second quiet day in about a week. That alone was good for me to get a peaceful afternoon of exercise. Which is my sparring session with Hope. Which would've been starting now if she wasn't late. By half an hour. Usually, I have an hour and a half to train and shower before having to go to my session with Davina. I wondered where the hell she could be.

I waited a good ten minutes before I gave up on the thought of her coming and made my way back inside. Since there's no training I guess I could just shower and nap for a bit. That sounds a little better anyway considering how exhausted I already am.

I decided to make a pit stop to the kitchen because honestly, some hot cocoa sounded nice right about now. Even though it's, like, mid-autumn. But who cares? I don't. Hot cocoa is hot cocoa. End of discussion. And luckily for me the last person in there just left. Not only do I get hot cocoa, but I also get to get it peacefully.

I'm almost tempted to make a gallon of it just for me...

No, I'm definitely tempted.

After making my literal gallon of hot cocoa, I also stole someone's bag of marshmallows and went on my way back to my quarters. Part of me hoped the princess wasn't there, but I also hoped she was so I could tell her off for ditching me. It always pissed me off when someone bails without calling me or leaving a note or whatever. This was no different.