Thirteen

Thirteen
"Reunited"

Ric ended up taking Caden- or as Mel calls him, Jack Ass- outside to get some fresh air. He was already healing, so he thought there was no need to do all that healy remedy stuff. His words.

"I swear, next time she won't catch me off guard," he said in a grungy voice.

"You sure it's a good idea to face her again? You obviously pissed her off."

"Are you saying I deserved this?"

"No, but the fact that you said she and Hope should die? Come on, man, that's not cool."

Caden shook his head. "They're too different, Dr. Saltzman. They're nothing like the rest of us."

"Why? Because they're wolves? Vampires? Witches? That's what they are. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Except there is more. They're too powerful and how long will it be before that Mikaelson girl becomes like Klaus?"

"Hope's nothing like Klaus. Besides her stubbornness. Look, Caden, you're misjudging them."

"Tell that to my throat."

Alaric rolled his eyes, patting the boy on his shoulder. "Just go get some ice or something at least okay? And stay away from those girls, you've provoked one more than you should've already."

"Whatever, man."

Caden walked off into the school as MG and Kaleb both walked out. Each of them had huge smiles on their faces, clearly stoked about Mel's one punch TKO.

"Dr. S, I don't care what anyone says, that hybrid is badass."

"And scary, man. Like, don't get me wrong, she's like, super sweet but when you piss her off? Ohhh, boy. I am never getting on her bad side," MG huffed, shaking his head.

Ric was listening to their rambling, smiling widely at their excitement. "We heard her heartbeat, Dr. S. And saw her face after CJ said what he said. I could've pooped myself just watching and I wasn't even the one that she was glaring at!"

"Alrighty, boys, let's calm down."

"Nah, man," MG cringed. "Someone in there actually did crap themselves."

Kaleb sniffed in MG's direction, eyeing him up and down. "It wasn't you was it?"

"Wh- no! I-"

"Okay, I get it. Basically it's good that Melori's on our side, right?" The boys nodded simotaneously. "So you're good with her being here?"

"Yeah. I can tell she ain't so bad, and not because she punched the hell out of Caden's throat," Kaleb chuckled.

The vampires both heard the a silent car quickly approaching the school. Alaric saw the looks in their faces and turned around. They all saw the headlights before the black car skidded to a stop.

"Go get the others."

Before either of the boys sped off, the front two doors opened and out stepped Freya and Marcel. Freya waved her hand, both breaking the barrier spell and the gate at once. She and Marcel walked through, not at all caring about the damage done.