Eleven

Eleven
"Welcome"

I was late returning to the boarding school. Before I knew it, 9pm came and I was still miles away from the school, relaxing by a river stream. I only realized the time when I woke up to see the sun had gone down.

I rushed back to the school, barely finding the time to shift back and run. That'd take longer.

By the time I got to the entrance, I could immediately tell that absolutely no one was roaming the halls. Not even staff. I went ahead and shifted back (which wasn't painful to do) and got all my clothes back on. After I was fully dressed, I went through the house and out the back of it to go to the gym. Judging by noises coming from there, they were already waiting. And likely, Jack Ass was riling them up.

I sighed and entered the gymnasium. Rafael was waiting at the entrance for me and when he spotted me, he rushed over. "Where have you been? You're thirteen minutes late."

"I was out. Got carried away with what I was doing. Besides, thirteen minutes isn't bad."

"I heard a few people dissing you, man. They think you chickened out."

"As if," I scoffed, stepping around him to fully enter the gym.

Surprisingly, the crowd cheered at my presence. Jack was in the middle, being your typical ass kisser and whatnot.

From the corner of my eye, I saw none other than the blue-eyed tribrid coming my way. She stopped just in front of me. "How was it?"

"Relieving."

"That's good."

Over all the noise, I heard Jack calling out to me. "You coming or what?" Rolling my eyes, I removed my jacket and even my shoes before stepping out onto the basketball court. "It's about time you showed up. I thought you were gonna bail."

"Please, Jack, you mistake me for another hybrid."

"My name isn't-"

"Whatever. Just make this less of a waste of my time, please."

His eyes darkened as he was readying to attack me already, but the headmaster himself stepped in between us before he could. Ric raised a hand to silence the crowd. "Now, you know I don't condone this, usually, but I know sometimes you all need something to get excited about. So without further delay, let's begin." The students went back to cheering and all that, but Ric turned towards me and the wolf. "Don't kill each other, okay?"

"Don't worry, Dr. Ric. I won't even hit him."

He nodded before stepping back, raising one hand then ripping it back down to his side. That was our signal to begin.

And of course, Jack immediately lunged forward and took a swing for my head. Thanks to my quick reflexes, ducking to avoid the hit was incredibly easy. I stepped to the side and watched him stumble and almost fall flat on his face. Not gonna lie, I wish he did. That would've been hilarious.

Anyway, Jack regained his posture and turned back around to face me. I was already wanting to get this over with. But I did say I wasn't going to hit him- and I'm a girl of my word, so, I'm going to let him tire himself out. That way I can put him into a chokehold or something and make him submit.