Chapter 2

Frost covered the walls and floor. The remains of Frost Giants were scattered around on the floor. Two guards lay dead on the ground, too. They walked deeper into the room and luckily the Casket of Ancient Winters was safe on its pedestal.

Thor's shock turned into anger. "Those beasts will pay for what they've done."

"They have paid...with their lives," Odin calmly replied, looking at the Casket. "Their king sent them to steal the Casket," Thor pointed out. "They failed. The Casket is safe and all is well," Odin replied. "All is well? They trespassed on our borders!" Thor exclaimed.

Odin turned to Thor and asked, "What would you have done?"

"March into Jotunheim as you once did. Teach them a lesson so they will never cross our borders again."

"You're only thinking as a warrior."

"This was an act of war."

"It was an act of but a few. I have a truce with Laufey."

"He just broke your truce! As king of Asgard-"

"You are not king! Not yet. Go and cool off."

Out of anger, Thor stormed out of the room. Not wanting to be alone with Odin, Loki followed Thor. Thor went into the private family dinner room and flipped the table over. Thor sat down on the steps next to the now flipped over table.

Loki approached him. "It is unwise to be near me right now, brother," Thor warned. "Who said I was wise?" Loki asked as he sat next to him. "This was supposed to be my day, yet those beasts had to ruin it," Thor growled.

"It'll come...in time," Loki replied quietly. Thor grunted. "Personally, I think you're right. If they found a way into Asgard once, who's to say they won't try again? Next time with an army."

"Exactly."

"There is nothing you can do that won't defy Father."

Then Thor gave him a look and Loki instantly wished he'd kept his mouth shut. "No, no, no, no. I know that look," he said as Thor stood. "It is the only way to protect Asgard."

"Thor, it's madness."

"Madness? What sort of madness?"

They saw looked up and saw Sif and the Warriors Three. It had been Volstagg who asked the question. "We are going to Jotunheim," Thor declared. They exchanged shocked glances. "Thor, this isn't like Midgard where you summon lightning and the mortals worship you as a god. This is Jotunheim," Fandral said. "It is the only way to protect the safety of our borders," Thor replied. "It is forbidden," Sif protested.

Thor walked over to his friends and started telling his friends how much he's helped them through out the years. Loki was inwardly cursing because he felt stupid for putting the idea in his brother's head.

After his grand speech Thor turned to Loki asked, "Will you come with us, brother?"

"What?" Loki was shocked. "Will you come with us?"

"Alright," he replied, standing up,"I shall. There's no way I will let my brother go to Jotunheim alone."

Thor smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "What of the rest of you?" Thor asked. His friends smiled and nodded. "Good. Let us go to Jotunheim," Thor said.