Chapter 10

Thor was putting poptarts in the microwave when everyone else saw a woman appear. "Holy shit!" Darcy exclaimed, and Thor turned around. "Mother!"

"Hello, Thor," she greeted with a smile. "You're his mom?" Jane asked. Frigga nodded once and looked back at Thor. "How are you doing?"

"I am fine, Mother. What of you?"

"It could be better. The truth is, I'm worried about Loki."

"Why? Is he alright?" Thor asked, very worried. "He's...well...he's rather very stressed."

"How stressed?" Thor asked. "Extremely, and he's struggling to cope."

"I knew something was wrong," Thor said. "Is there anything we can do to help?" Eric asked. "I don't believe so."

"He's not doing anything drastic, correct?" Thor asked. He knew Loki didn’t do well with extreme stress and often did impulsive things. He didn't know Loki hurt himself, though. "Fortunately, no."

"Thank the Norns."

"Will he be okay?" Jane asked. "Loki, is resilient, though I fear the longer this goes on, the worse he gets."

"Mother, may I return home? I can help Loki. I-"

"I'm sorry, Thor. I can't bring you back without your father."

"How is Father?"

"Nothing's changed yet. He still slumbers."

"Isn't he in that Odinsleep thing?" Darcy asked. "Yes. Did Loki tell you?"

"Indeed," Thor confirmed. Frigga chuckled and said, "That's typical of him. Always looking out for his older brother." Thor chuckled as he remembered all those times Loki was there for him when he was upset, when he saved Thor during battle, and when Loki would cheer Thor up when he sad. "I wish I can return the favor right now."

Frigga smiled a little and said, "I know." Then she turned to Eric, Darcy, and Jane. "Thank you for taking care of my son."

"You're welcome, your majesty," Jane replied. Then Frigga added, "I will inform you if anything happens."

"I know, Mother. Thank you." Frigga smiled back and vanished. Meanwhile in Asgard, Loki was in his room, laying on his bed. He stared at the ceiling, wondering how he was going to return to Jotunheim once Odin woke up. He sensed it wouldn't be much longer, but Odin will keep a close eye on him. Then again...maybe Thor can keep him occupied. After all, Odin paid more attention to Thor than him.

Then it made him wonder how life will be like with Laufey. Laufey seemed to love Loki deeply, which was foreign to him. He wasn't used to a father's love. Loki chuckled to himself. How ironic that the King of the so called "monsters" has more love in his heart than the Allfather. Loki closed his eyes and imagined himself with Laufey. He imagined the two of them laughing together and training together. A small hopeful smile formed on his face. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Until he realizes your worthless and damaged. Loki's smile fell. Once he does, he'll just kill you. Maybe out of pity. After all, you deserve it. He groaned. "I want to sleep." Loki rolled onto his side and closed his eyes. Laufey's face flashed through his mind. It won't be bad. It can't possibly be worse than this...right?

I'm sorry for the hiatus and short chapter. I was dealing with writer's block along with work and school. Plus, I wasn't sure how long to make this chapter. I hope you enjoy it regardless. 😊