Chapter 13

I'm so sorry for the long hiatus. It was unexpected for me, and I suffered from writer's block. I will try to update more often. Hope you enjoy this chapter.😊

After Loki was done unpacking, he decided to explore the palace. He walked out of his room and walked down the hall. As he did, he found the kitchen. It was made of stone with frost lightly coating it. There was an iron fireplace across from him, and there were tall counters and wooden cabinets.

Thankfully, he was alone. He wasn't sure how he'd handle other people. Loki walked to the fireplace and stared at the embers. It reminded him of the fireplace in the library on Asgard.

Asgard...

"Your highness?" Loki jumped a little and turned to see an adult female Jotun. She had long black hair that was tied up in a braid over her shoulder. She wore a white gown that had long sleeves.

"Oh, um... my apologies. I did not mean to intrude."

"There's no need to apologize, your majesty. This is your new home now. You can go wherever you like."

"Right...um...what is your name?"

"Freya."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Freya. And please, you may call me Loki." Freya smiled at him and replied, "Okay, Loki. It's nice to meet you, too."

"I shall leave now."

"Okay. See you later," she said as Loki walked past her. "Goodbye."

......................................................................

On Migard, Thor was sitting on the roof, stargazing as Jane, Darcy, and Eric went to bed. He used to stargaze with Loki when they were younger.

Loki...

"Thor." He turned to see his mother sitting beside him. He instantly noticed she had tears in her eyes. "Mother, what's wrong?"

"Thor, it's Loki. He's gone. He left Asgard."

"What? Why?" A tear streamed down her face as she sucked in a breath. He was going to find out eventually.

"Thor, I'm about to tell you something about your brother that's been kept secret for a long time. Promise me that you'll continue to love your brother after I tell you this."

"Of course, I will. What is this about?"

"Thor... after the final battle of the war between Asgard and Jotunheim, Odin went inside a temple and found a baby, and that baby was Loki."

"What? Are you saying he's...?"

"Yes." Thor swallowed hard as he tried to process the information. After a moment, Thor asked, "Does he know?"

"He found out on his own. That's why he left. He left for Jotunheim." Thor sucked in a breath and ran his hand through his hair. It was so much at once. "Thor?"

"Mother, thank you for telling me."

"You still love your brother, right?"

"Of course. To me, it doesn't change a thing about him." Frigga smiled. "I'll see you soon." Then she was gone. Thor sighed and looked back up at the stars. He silently vowed to find Loki when he returned to Asgard. "I shall help you, brother; I promise."