Chapter 11

Odin's eye snapped open. He sat up and looked around. He was alone in his chamber and wondered how long he was asleep. Then the door opened, and it was Frigga. "Odin!" she exclaimed, rushing over to him. She hugged tightly, and he hugged her back. "Oh, how I missed you," Frigga added. Odin smiled, and they released each other. Then he asked, "How long have I been asleep?"

"Days. Loki has been King while you slept."

"Didn't do anything, did he?"

"He kept Asgard safe. He did great job." But he was stressed. She didn't add that part out loud. Frigga knew Odin wouldn't care. "Where is Loki?" Odin asked. "In his chambers. I'll let him know you're awake."

"Alright, beloved." Frigga smiled and left the room. She walked to Loki's room and knocked on the door. "Loki, my I come in?"

"Yes!" she heard him call. Frigga entered the room and found Loki sitting on his bed. "How are you feeling?" she asked, sitting next to him. "Better."

"That's good." She next to him and added, "Odin woke up."

"He did?"

"Yes. You longer have to be king now."

"Thank goodness." He felt as if a weight had lifted off his shoulders. Frigga rubbed his back and asked, "Do you need some rest?"

"Yes."

"All right. I'll check on you later." Frigga stood up and left the room. Loki sighed and flopped onto the bed. Now that he was king, he could focus on Laufey. He needed to go to Jotunheim. Loki swallowed hard and sat up. He summoned a piece of paper and pen. He then wrote a note for Frigga.

Dear Mother,

I apologize for my abrupt departure, but I had to leave. I promised Laufey I would return to Jotunheim in order to keep him from attacking Asgard. I know I should've told you ahead of time, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I kept from you. I hope that you can forgive me. I love you, Mother, and I wish things could be different. I hope to see you and Thor soon.

Love, Loki

Loki put the note on his pillow and teleported away, leaving his room for possibly the last time.