Chapter 5

Meanwhile, on Midgard, Thor woke up in the hospital. He tried to sit up but realized he was strapped down. "What in the 9 realms?" he muttered to himself. He took a deep breath and managed to pull his hands out the the restraints.

A few minutes later, Jane, Darcy,and Eric arrived at the hospital. They returned to get Thor because they realized he was in that strange phenomenon last night. When they got to Thor's room, they found that he was already gone. Jane groaned and they went back to the jeep. Once they were all back in the jeep, Jane said, "I just lost my most important piece of evidence. Typical."

"Now what?" Darcy asked. "We're going to find him. He can't have gone far," Jane replied. "I don't think that's a good idea," Eric warned. "He knows what it's like to be in that phenomenon, so we're going to find him," she replied.

As Jane backed the jeep up, she ended up hitting Thor again. Once they realized it, they all jumped back out and rushed to the unconscious Thor. "I'm so sorry. I swear I'm not doing this on purpose," Jane said.

Thor grumbled and his eyes fluttered open. "You okay, dude?" Darcy asked. "Yes," he replied, sitting up. "Let's get you somewhere so you can change," Eric said as he and the girls help Thor up.

Thor nodded and was helped into the jeep. They drove him back to the lab. They went inside and Jane gave him some clothes. He entered the bathroom and left the door open. They were able to see him. When he was shirtless, Darcy said, "You know, for a hobo, he's pretty hot."

Jane rolled her eyes. Then after Thor was fully clothed, he came out and saw a mouse of a computer. Out of curiosity, he picked it up and examined it. Jane rushed over to him. "Hey, careful," she said, gently taking the mouse out of his hand and put it back.

They locked eyes for a moment,then Thor moved away from her. "This mortal form is strange. I need to restore my energy."

Eric and Darcy exchanged glances. "There's a diner a block from here. We can go there for breakfast," Jane told him. Thor smiled at her and replied, "That sounds wonderful."

"So, it's settled,then?" Eric asked. "Yeah, let's go," Darcy replied, standing up from the table. They left the lab and went to the diner. When they arrived, they sat down and ordered their food. When they got their food, Thor basically began inhaling his food.

"Damn, dude. When was the last time you ate?" Darcy asked. "Before my coronation."

"Your what?" Jane asked. "My coronation. I was to be crowned king of Asgard."

Thor took another bite of his food while Jane, Darcy, and Eric exchanged glances. Then two men came in and took seats at the counter. They started talking about an object that they were messing with and were trying to lift. Thor stood and walked toward them.

"Did it look like a hammer?" he asked. "Yeah," one of the men replied. "Where is it?" Thor asked. "Several miles northwest from here."

Thor then left the diner. Jane and her friends followed him. They found Thor walking in the middle of the road. Jane caught up with him and practically dragged him to the sidewalk. "Where are you going?" she demanded. "To get what belongs to me," he replied.

"Oh, so you own this weird hammer?" Jane asked. "It is no weird hammer. It is Mjnoir."

"Mew-mew? What's mew-mew?" Darcy asked. "It's the thunder god Thor's hammer," Eric explained. "That is me," Thor replied. Eric pulled Jane aside and said, "This guy is off his rocker."

"Yeah, but he knows something," Jane insisted. "He's delusional. He thinks he's Thor, the Norse god of thunder," he pointed out. "He did know that the object those guys were talking about is a hammer," Darcy pointed out. "True, but he doesn't know what's real and what's not real. He needs a mental hospital," Eric replied.

"You saw what happened in the regular hospital. What makes you think he'll do fine in a mental hospital?" Jane asked. "It's better than having him on the streets. He's dangerous, too. We can't trust him or what comes out of his mouth," Eric replied. "He knows something, though. He was in that phenomenon," Jane pointed out.

"I know that, but he's going to tell us what he thinks happened, which won't be accurate," Eric replied. "Jane, he's got a point," Darcy chimed in. Jane sighed. She knew Darcy and Eric were just looking out for her, and they were right. He was delusional and can't give them any useful or accurate information.

"Fine. What do we do with him? There aren't any mental hospitals in the area," Jane said. "We'll think of something. For now, let's just keep an eye on him," Eric replied. They turned to Thor, who was staring at a pet store. He was curious about what animals were in there but didn't want to leave Jane and her friends.

"Okay, Thor. Let's go back to the lab," Jane said, getting Thor's attention again. "We must go and retrieve Mjnoir," Thor protested. "Sorry, dude. It's not a good idea," Darcy replied. "Why not?" he asked. "Because the government most likely claimed it already," Eric replied. It was true. If it came from space, they'd have their hands all over it.

Thor scoffed. "They can't do that. They won't be able to move it," he said. "How do you know?" Darcy asked. "They are not worthy of it. One cannot simply lift Mjnoir without being worthy," he explained. Jane looked at Eric and Darcy, and they shook their heads. "That may be true, but we can't take it from the government. We'd get into massive trouble," Jane replied

Thor sighed. He couldn't believe this at all. "It's best if we stay here," Eric added. "Alright. I'll stay for now," Thor agreed begrudgingly. "Good. Let's go," Darcy said, turning on her heel. They returned to the lab, but Thor knew they wouldn't be able to keep him away from Mjnoir for long.