Chapter 3

They had just arrived at the Bifrost. Heimdal stared at them as they approached. "Allow me," Loki whispered to Thor. Loki stepped up to Heimdal and said, "Good, Heimdal-"

"You're not dressed warmly enough," Heimdal interrupted. Caught off guard, Loki asked, "Pardon?"

"You think you can deceive me?" Heimdal demanded. Annoyed, Loki said, "What? No. I-"

"Enough," Thor interrupted and Loki snapped his mouth shut. Thor stepped up to Heimdal and asked, "Heimdal, may we pass?"

"Not once has an enemy had slipped into Asgard without my seeing them. I wish to know how that happened."

"Then we have a common goal. Let us pass," Thor said. Heimdal locked eyes with Thor then stepped aside. They all walked into the Bifrost and stood at where the bridge opens. Heimdal went the activation port and held his sword above it.

"Be warned," Heimdal said, "it is my duty to protect Asgard. If you threaten that, I will leave you on Jotunheim."

"Can't you just leave the Bifrost open for us?" Volstagg asked. "You know well of the consequences if I do that," he replied and inserted his sword into the activation port. Electricity sparked from it and the Bifrost began spin. Once it was aligned with Jotunheim, the Bifrost sucked them in. They sored through the Bifrost and landed on Jotunheim.

Once they did, the Bifrost closed, and the freezing temperature blasted them. Sif and the Warriors Three began shivering violently. Thor wasn't nearly as affected by the cold, but he still shivered. Loki, on the other hand, wasn't affected by the cold. He actually loved it.

For him, it was refreshing, which was strange. He should be like the others, but then again, he was never like them his whole life. "We should not be here," Hogun said. "I agree," Loki muttered, but no one heard him over the wind. They started walking and were looking around at the frozen wasteland.

There were ruins everywhere,
reminding them that there used to be a grand city here. Seeing this made Loki feel bad for the Frost Giants. Their whole realm was destroyed by the war. He could even hear the screams of innocent civilians during the battle(he wasn't sure if it was the wind or not).

"Where are they?" Sif asked. "Hiding. Like cowards always do," Thor replied. Then, as if on cue, Front Giants appeared, surrounding them. They had weapons and hatred boiled in their eyes. Loki gulped. "You came a long way to die, Asgardians," a deep voice echoed from in front of them.

It was then they realized that the throne was several yards away. Laufey was sitting on the throne, glaring at them. "How did your people get into Asgard?" Thor demanded. "There are many ways into other realms," Laufey replied.

"What do you mean?" Thor demanded. When Laufey didn't answer, Thor yelled, "Answer me!"

Laufey stood up, towering over them despite the distance. "I do not need to answer you, Odinson," he snapped. Loki swallowed hard. Before Thor could retort, Loki stepped up beside Thor and snapped in his ear, "Do not be disrespectful. He will kill us if you do."

Thor shot Loki a look, but he knew he was right. "Why did you send them into Asgard?" Thor asked. "That should be obvious," Laufey replied. "Ah, right. You sent them to steal the Casket of Ancient Winters," Thor said.

"The Casket belongs to me," Laufey growled. "Not anymore," Thor replied. "The Casket belonged to me and my people for thousands of years! It kept us from falling apart. Now, look at us," he snapped, gesturing at what remains of the palace. "And on top of that, Odin killed my son."

"Do not dishonor my father's name with your lies!" Thor snapped. "YOUR FATHER WAS A MURDERER AND A THIEF! WHAT IS HONORABLE  ABOUT A MAN WHO MURDERED A CHILD AND STOLE THE LIFE FORCE OF A PEOPLE?!"Laufey boomed.