Chapter 16

Loki shot up in his bed, panting and drenched in cold sweat. He had just had a nightmare, but he couldn't remember it. All he remembered was that it was absolutely terrifying. He sucked in a deep breath to slow his pounding heart.

"Loki?" He looked to his left and saw Laufey poking his head in the room. Concern laced Laufey's blood red eyes. "Are you okay? I heard you scream."

"I-I screamed?"

"Yes." Laufey stepped into the room. "I sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's alright. I know that we're not at that point yet, but if you ever want to talk about anything, I'll listen."

"Thank you."

"Do you wish to be alone?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Let me know if you need anything. I'm just down the hall."

"I know. Thank you." With that, Laufey left the room, closing the door behind him.

....

Heimdal stood at the Bifrost, gazing into 9 realms. It was beautiful, and he never got sick and tired of the sight. Then he heard footsteps approaching him. "Hello, your majesty," he greeted as Odin joined his side.

"Hello, Heimdal."

"Is there something I can do for you?"

"Have you caught sight of Loki?"

"No," Heimdal lied. He'd promised Frigga not to tell Odin about Loki's location. Odin sighed, trusting Heimdal. "Let me know when you see him."

"Of course, your majesty." Odin turned to leave when he paused. "Heimdal, have you...sensed or seen anything out of the ordinary?"

"No, not recently. Why? Is there something bothering you?"

"I sensed something ancient stirring on Jotunheim. Can you check?"

"Yes." Heimdal turned his gaze to Jotunheim, unsure of what he's searching for. After searching for a moment, Heimdal shook his head. "I'm sorry, your majesty. I don't see anything out of the ordinary." Odin hummed. "Do you have any idea of what could be?" Heimdal asked.

"Something powerful and ancient is rising again. I think... I think it might be Ymir."

"Isn't he a myth?"

"No. He's real. I thought my father destroyed him, but I'm starting to think he's alive and will rise again."

"And if he does?"

"Then Asgard will have to face one of the most dangerous threats it's ever faced."