Chapter 7

On Earth, Thor was drinking coffee with Jane, Darcy, and Eric. "This is delicious," Thor said. "Thanks," Eric said. "Another!" Thor exclaimed, smashing the mug on the floor. "What was that for?" Jane demanded as she started cleaning up the mess. "It was delicious. I want another," he replied. "Well, then ask nicely. You didn't need to smash it," Jane lectured. "I meant no disrespect," Thor replied.

"Of course, you didn't," said a voice from the other side of the room. They all jumped in surprise. It was Loki, or at least a projection of him. "Brother? What are you doing here?" Thor asked. "You're his brother?" Darcy asked. Loki nodded once to acknowledge Darcy's question. "The reason why I am here is because I need to inform Thor of the situation in Asgard," Loki explained.

"Asgard? That doesn't exist. It's just a story," Eric said. "How did you even get in here without us noticing?" Darcy asked. "Let me show you," Thor said, picking up a fork. He tossed it at Loki, and it went straight through him. "Whoa! You're a hologram?!" Darcy exclaimed. Loki tilted his head with a confused expression. "What is a hologram?" he asked.

"It's basically a 3D projection," Eric explained. "Well, that's not exactly what this is, but..." Loki trailed off.

"Loki, what-"

"Loki? The God of Mischief?" Eric interrupted Thor. "Yes, that's my title. Anyways-"

"So, Asgard exists?" Jane asked. Loki sighed in fustration. "Yes, it exists. Now, may I please inform Thor of the situation now?" he asked, clearly getting pissed. "Go ahead, brother," Thor replied. "Okay. Father is the Odinsleep."

"What? How? It's too soon!"

"It's because of his old age. He gets drained much more quickly now. With you gone, the line of succession has fallen to me now."

"You're the king now?" Thor asked. "Until Father wakes up, yes," Loki replied. "That means Asgard is vulnerable to attack!" Thor exclaimed. "I am taking care of things here. I will make sure Asgard is safe," Loki replied calmly. "Brother, is there any way I can return home?"

"I wish there were. If I could, I would let you return, but knowing how Father is..."

"Aye."

"I shall keep you informed, Thor," Loki said and vanished. An awkward silence fell on the group for a moment. "Guess this means you're not crazy," Darcy said, breaking the silence. "Why would you think that?" Thor asked. "When you come in claiming to be a god or royalty, people around here tend to think you're not right in the head," Darcy explained.

"Are there not royalty on Midgard anymore?" Thor asked. "There is, but they don't rule over the entire world," Jane explained. "So why would you think me crazy if there is royalty?" Thor asked. "If you're claiming to be royalty without any proof, then we think you're crazy," Eric clarified.

"Well, since we got confirmation that he isn't crazy, then I guess we should get the hammer," Darcy said. "That's not a good idea," Eric cautioned. "Why? Mjnoir belongs to me," Thor said. "I know, but did you forget about the government? They're not going to give it to you," Eric pointed out.

"Not if I take it from them," Thor replied. "Now I'm starting to think you're crazy again," Darcy said. "Once I get Mjnoir, they will not stand a chance," he assured them. "Can you get your brother to help?" Jane asked. Thor shook his head. "He's busy protecting Asgard. Asgard is in danger, which is why I need it back."

"How do we get it back?" Jane asked. Thor smiled and replied, "Don't worry. I will get it back. You all can help me get to it."

"We don't know where it is," Eric said. "Those men in the diner said that it was northwest of here," Darcy reminded him. "Well then, let's go," Jane said. They all walked out of the lab, hopped into the van, and drove off.