Chapter 22

Thor was sitting in the lab with Jane, Darcy, and Eric, eating breakfast. It had been at least a couple of days since he had spoken to his mother and was getting worried.

Noticing the look on his face, Jane asked, "Are you okay?"

"Truthfully... I am worried for my brother."

"Your brother? Why?" Darcy asked. "My mother visited me a couple of days ago. She told me that my brother was no longer on Asgard."

"Why isn't he on Asgard?" Eric asked. "She told me something about my brother that not even he knew, and I fear that he isn't doing as well as he claims."

"What was the secret about him?" Jane asked. "It is not my secret to tell. All I shall say is that it's rather... devastating, especially to Loki."

"So, you think that your brother is super upset?" Eric asked. "'Upset' is an understatement," Darcy stated. "Aye. I just want to make sure he is alright."

"Why don't you tell us about him?" Jane asked.

"My brother, despite his reputation, is actually quite kind and compassionate. He's very intelligent and a powerful sorcerer, possibly more powerful than my father Odin."

"Damn," Darcy muttered. Then Thor sighed sadly. "What's wrong?" Jane asked.

"Nothing. It is just... my father and Loki had a rather awful relationship. For as long as I can remember, my father would constantly yell at and blame him for everything that goes wrong. That is why he was labeled the God of Mischief and Lies. I would try to protect Loki, and so would my mother; however, I fear it was worse than I previously thought. My brother would often hide away whenever he was left alone with my father. I would ask him why, but he always claimed to be fine."

"You think he lies whenever you ask?" Jane asked. "Yes. He has a habit of hiding his issues, especially from me. I don't know why, though."

"Maybe he doesn't want to worry you or feels like a burden," Darcy suggested. "Why would he feel like a burden?" Thor questioned.

"Mental illness doesn't discriminate. You could have a loving family, great friends, a great home, and you could still have mental illnesses. Plus, it sounds like your dad wasn't helping," Darcy explained.

Thor hummed thoughtfully as a newfound worry washed over him. "It's just speculation, though. I could be wrong," Darcy added. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case, though," Eric pointed out. "I pray that it is not, though, I believe it is possible," Thor admitted.

"I mean, unless he sees a professional and gets diagnosed, we won't know for sure," Darcy pointed out. Jane and Eric nodded in agreement as Thor thought about what they said. H
Once he saw Loki again, he'll try and get him to open up. If they were right, then Loki needed help, and he was sure that he desperately needed it. With that resolve, Thor relaxed a little bit as the conversation returned to a light-hearted one. Little did he know that there was a hidden enemy, waiting for the right time to strike.

Sorry for not updating for a while and the short chapter. I was suffering from severe writer's block and wasn't sure what to write this chapter. Thank you for your patience, and I will try to update again soon. 😊