Twenty-Four

Andy had to wait for very long – she was having second thoughts – maybe she should just leave and see if she can get in touch with him through Kevin or maybe Roselle. She glanced at her wristwatch – it was almost ten at night. Farrah has already called her to ask where she was and Andy lied to her – telling her that she has worked till late tonight. Andy hoped that Farrah buy her lies – she knows that the clinic is hardly ever busy. Andy was tired and hungry – she only had a salad for lunch. She blew her cheeks out – why was she even waiting for him? It has been hours and he is nowhere to be seen. Just then the guard walked to her, "Madam, I think you should return to your home. You have been waiting for too long. Truth to be told – sometimes Mr. Vigorito comes home very late and other times he doesn't even return till the next day." The guard said to her. She was feeling embarrassed by now. She doesn't know what this man was thinking of her – like she is a crazy ex or something. Maybe, he was lying – Lorenzo was in his penthouse but maybe he asked the guard to lie to her. She smashed her lips together and wordlessly nodded her head. What was she thinking? She shouldn't have come here – it was a bad idea.

Her bottom was numb from sitting for too long. She sighed and pushed her hair back before she looked at the guard, "I am sorry for the inconvenience," She mumbled. The big guy curled his lips in a small smile, "You didn't cause any trouble, Madam. You have nothing to apologize for." He replied to her politely. Andy half-heartedly chuckled, "Yes, but still –" she shrugged. She was about to walk away but then she halted and smashed her lips together before she turned around to look at the guard, "Listen, I am not some creepy ex-girlfriend or a fan or some other shit. I genuinely wanted to talk to Mr. Vigorito. Please, don't think that I am in any way associated with that man," She told him. She felt as if she needed to clear her name for some reason – even if this stranger was not judging her or even he was – she didn't want anyone to think that she was some crazy chick – who was after Lorenzo. Although, she felt like one – what was she thinking waiting for him for so long and where did this patience come into her? She usually hates to wait. The guard smiled, "Of course, Madam. I wasn't accusing you of no such thing," He replied.

Andy sighed, "I know but I am sure you had such thought in your mind, so I was just clearing it up." She replied as she put her hands in her pocket. The guard's lips curled into a small smile as he nodded his head, "Of course, Madam." He replied short. Andy sighed, "Please don't call me Madam. I am Andrea and you can me by my name," She offered a small smile. The guard smiled softly and nodded his head, "Sure, Miss Andrea." He replied. Andrea chuckled, "Okay, sorry for taking so much of your time, sir. Thank you for letting me wait here," She said. "It was not a problem, Miss Andrea." He replied.

Lorenzo clenched his jaws together – his hands clutched the steering tightly. He was agitated. This woman wouldn't leave. He has been waiting outside his building – in the complete dark – hoping that she would go away and he wouldn't have to see her but there she was standing at the entrance of the building – talking to Tim. After their last interaction, he doesn't want to see her again and he hoped that she wouldn't want to see him again either but there she was – waiting for him. He called Tim and asked him to get rid of her but there she was – standing still. And Tim – he was talking back to her – he shouldn't be stalling her stay – he was supposed to get rid of her. Lorenzo had an urge to step out of the car and remove her from the premises by himself but he couldn't lose control. He closed her eyes and released a slow breath. That was what he was asked to do when he wouldn't be able to control his anger – he honestly believed that it was a useless technique but desperate times call for desperate measures. He slowly opened his eyes to see Andrea walking out of the gates – Lorenzo slowly released his breathe as he saw her walking alone. Lorenzo had his car parked in the other direction and luckily Andy didn't see him. As soon as his way was cleared – Lorenzo rolled his car in the parking lot – without glancing at Andrea's way.