I Am Fine

The car ride back to Andrea's apartment was filled with uncomfortable silence. The stolen glances towards him didn't help Andrea either. Lorenzo didn't even ask her if she is okay. He didn't even spare a glance towards her – he kept on driving with his eyes fixed on the road. During the entire car ride, she didn't even hear him sigh. All she heard was him shifting the gear or pushing the paddles. Andrea rubbed her bruised knuckles in apprehension – she flinched at the throbbing pain. After a few minutes, she didn't even dare to look at him – she kept her eyes down on the purse that she collected after being released.

Upon reaching her apartment, Lorenzo swiftly stepped out of the car. Andrea bewildered saw him strode to her side and jerk opened the car door for her. Andrea nervously stared at him – while he kept on clenching his jaws. She smashed her lips together and with a creased forehead, she slowly stepped out of the car. She gulped and opened her mouth to apologize for all the troubles she caused him. She wanted to thank him as well for bailing her out. There was so much that she wanted to apologize for – from the drunken phone call to not following his simple instructions, but she was never given a chance as Lorenzo slammed close the door of the car behind her.

"Not now," Lorenzo mumbled. "Let's go," he waved his hand to walk ahead.

Andrea was a little hesitant before she did as she was told. While she climbed up the stairs, Lorenzo followed her behind. She slowly made it to her apartment and stood unsure of what is supposed to happen next – she wondered if Lorenzo will come inside or not. If he was not going to follow her in then she should say what she wants to right there and then. If he leaves now, she isn't sure if she will ever see him again. She once again opened her mouth and yet again was stopped by Lorenzo.

"Unlock the door," He asked her. He was scolding her or yelling at her – instead, his voice was lower than usual, but still, it felt like it held ire in it.

Without questioning him, she did was he asked. She fetched out her keys and opened the door before slowly stepping in. Lorenzo followed her in before gently closing the door behind.

As soon as they were in the secure setting of her apartment, she dropped her purse on the couch and turned to look at him. "I am sorry," she told him. Although her eyes were misty – she didn't look away from his perforating earthy eyes.

She paused just to see how he reacts, but when she didn't receive any reaction from him she continued, "I am so sorry for all the troubles I have caused you. I swear, I didn't mean for Rose to get hurt. I stopped her. I promise. I did. But she didn't stop and when he punched her – I – lost it, I couldn't hold myself still or just call the police. The anger in me took over and reacted and I know I shouldn't have and for that, I am very sorry." By the end, her eyes were filled with tears threatening to spill. Her nose had gotten pink so did her cheeks.

She paused again, waiting for him to say something in return – anything, but there he stood tall and rigid – listening to her with his eyebrows knitted. He didn't say anything to her in return. He didn't even blink – instead, he just stared right back at her – not taking his eyes off her since they reached – not even for a mere second. He didn't show any sign of anger towards her. He didn't yell at her – called her stupid or anything. His lack of communication was bothering her.

Tears fell off her eyes, "Can you please say something? I am apologizing to you, I don't know what else to do." She broke into a soft sob.

Lorenzo gulped, "Where is the first aid kit?" He spoke to her first time since the police station.

She blinked and knitted her eyebrows, "What?" She asked perplexedly.

"The first aid kit? Do you have it? If yes, then where is it?" He asked again – his voice hardened.