Fourteen

The next morning, I was up early. I had an interview today. Although I wasn't much excited about the job, I was willing to do it – since that way, I will be able to stay with Farrah and Liana. I was sipping the hot coffee when Farrah walked out of her room. She looked like she needed an instant shot of coffee – she has a bag under her eyes and her eyes were slightly red. I poured her some coffee and handed her the cup. She sighed and sat on the chair, "Thank you." She mumbled and put her head down on the table.

"Are you okay?" I asked her concernedly. She wasn't looking very good. She lifted her head and sighed, "No, I am not." She replied before she sipped from her cup. "I am not feeling well and I hate my new job!" she cried.

Farrah started working in a small law firm since she was rejected to work for many law-firms. Farrah thinks that it has something to do with her old job. Finally, after struggling quite a bit, she was appointed by this start-up law firm – which according to Farrah is total crap. She is only working there until finds a better job. I put my hand over her forehand and slightly squeezed it, "Hey, you will find a better job – I know." I told her. She hummed before narrowing her eyes, "By the way, I hate you." She said. I knitted my eyebrows together, "And why is that?" I asked.

"How can you be so cruel to make talk to Cassandra?!" she exclaimed causing me to laugh. "Don't laugh, it is not funny!" she slapped my shoulder. "She is a complete nightmare. She talked and talked about her perfect life and how sad our lives are. God, she is an awful person!" she told me while I kept laughing. "I don't know how she turned out to be such a brat." She lightly shook her head.

My laughter ended with few chuckles, "Come on, you are to be blamed for it. You spoiled her. She was your endearing sister, remember?" I reminded her. It wasn't a lie. Farrah always made sure to fulfill all Cassie's needs and wants. Farrah and Philp always gave Cassie the priority and they rot her spoil. Farrah rolled her eyes, "Yes, she was, but she wasn't like this before." She justified.

She was right. She wasn't like this before but since she went to high school, her attitude started to change and she became so self-obsessed. And now that she has things that we didn't have at her age – she thinks mighty of herself and likes to rub it on our face. After we did breakfast, I left for an interview while Farrah waited for Liana's babysitter. Good thing is that Farrah doesn't have to worry about the babysitter since Liana will be starting school in January – which is in two months. I told Farrah that I will be back soon and that I will spend the rest of the day with Liana before I left.

I had to take a cab to Dr. Timberlake's clinic. When I reached there – there weren't many people around – just one lady was waiting. Dr. Timberlake's clinic wasn't very large or very small. It had a fairly big waiting area where there was a counter which was unattended at the moment – maybe that's where I will be. There was also a closed-door – which was Dr. Timberlake's office. I didn't know whom to ask where to go or what to do, so I waited along with the lady who was busy reading a magazine. After a few minutes, a young woman walked into the clinic and went straight behind the unattended counter. I walked towards her, "Hello, my name is Andrea Hebert. I am here for the interview." I told her.

The Burnette young woman smiled, "Oh hi, I am Diane. I am Aunt Gwen's niece and also her temporary assistant." She said.

"Oh hi, Diane." I shook hands with her.

"Come on, let me show you how it works here." she waved me to follow her into another room which I didn't notice before. We entered the room – which was a storeroom. I knitted my eyebrows. I wasn't sure why she brought me here. She turned her head to look at me and chuckled, "Oh, I am here to show you where all the patients' files are stored." She said. It was all happening too fast for me.