The Last Dance

Andrea didn't ask any questions. She didn't get angry at him for not showing up. She didn't nag. She just let him be. He was distress and she let him deal with it as he likes, she didn't try to be the savior – she just tried to be there for him. She decided that pushing him to ease her curiosity will only make him more frustrated. So, she just went along with whatever pace he chooses.

At the moment, Andrea was putting the food she made on the kitchen counter, "We can heat this whenever you feel like eating," She spoke while taking the Tupperware out of the brown bag. She couldn't help but feel disappointed that the food she made all day long is now stored in a Tupperware – cold and stale. She worked hard to make this dinner, but she wasn't going to show her disappointment to him.

Lorenzo, on the other hand, didn't need her words – he was already feeling guilty. He was a grown-up man – Zara's calls and messages shouldn't have bothered him so much. It has been so long – he should have grown a pair and deal with it without hurting Andrea, but that's exactly what he failed to do. This is why he doesn't like to get close to people, he always ends up hurting them.

Andrea prepared him food. She worked hard to make this date work and Lorenzo ruined it and yet she didn't complain. He knows that she wanted to ask him why he didn't show up. She wanted to ask him why she wasted her time in the kitchen for him, but she remained silent after she saw how bothered was Lorenzo. She was waiting for him to speak – to answer her – to talk to her, but he was quiet. Lorenzo has never been a man of words, but tonight the silence was dense. She turned around to see him stand by the kitchen counter, his eyes were fixed on the floor.

Andrea heaved a sigh and stepped closer to him. She placed her hand on his shoulder, "Enzo, are you hungry?" She asked softly.

Enzo heaved a soft sigh before he rubbed his temples, "I am so sorry, Andrea." He spoke gently. His eyes were still fixed on the floor – the guilt wouldn't let him look into her eyes. "I – can't – I don't know how to explain everything to you," He mumbled as he rubbed his face with his palms.

Andrea rubbed his shoulder, "Enzo, you don't have to explain anything to me, I –" She was cut off by Lorenzo who shook his head, "How can you say that, Andrea? Don't be so selfless. You should be mad at me. You deserve an explanation," He quickly added – finally looking back into her eyes.

Andrea exhaled and nodded her head, "You are right, I do deserve an explanation – but I am not going to force it out of you. You tell me what happened at your own time," She shrugged. Lorenzo pressed his lips together as Andrea twisted her mouth, "Lorenzo, just answer me this – why didn't you answer your phone?" She asked him softly.

Lorenzo clicked his tongue against his teeth, "I broke my phone," He answered. "I didn't even know that you were calling me," He answered honestly. "But, I can't use that excuse – of course, you called. Why wouldn't you? I should have thought of calling you from a landline – I – God, I am – I don't know how to explain everything to you without scaring you off," He mumbled – his eyes once again averted to the floor.

Andrea knitted her eyebrows together, scared her off. His words didn't sit well for her but she decided to give him a chance to explain before she asks any questions. "How about you tell me what is on your mind and we can have a proper conversation?" She asked. "Lorenzo, I am not going to poke my nose in all your business, but I need to know where it affects me. As I said before I will not force you now, but in the right time – I need to know where we stand." She told him.

Lorenzo nodded his head, "Of course," He mumbled. His hands reached for her waist as he gently pulled her to him and embraced her in a hug. The hug wasn't to comfort her, it was to calm himself down because he isn't certain if she will stick around with him after he tells her about him and Zara. He closed his eyes buried his face in her neck, inhaling the sweet fruity scent she wore. His arms tightened around her as he slightly lifted her in his firm arms.