Long Lost Loved Ones

"Enzo, you are all wet. What did you do? Did you walk in the rain?" Andrea asked him as she held his hand and pulled him into her apartment and closed the door behind. It was near midnight and it had started to rain unexpectedly.

With his other hand, Lorenzo pushed his wet hair behind and sighed, "No, I just – I don't know." He mumbled as he sat down on the chair. Andrea didn't question his unresponsiveness.

"Let me get you a towel," She proposed before she walked inside her room, "You might want to take your clothes off, Enzo. You don't want to catch a cold, do you?" She spoke from inside her room, where she fetched a clean towel for him. Lorenzo didn't answer her back. Her heart was continuously racing in her chest. She doesn't know what happened when he was gone. She doubt he was even with Kevin.

She chewed her lips and decided to ask him about it and walked out to see him still in his wet clothes. He was sitting with his head bowed down and his elbows were resting on his knees. He looked drained. Andrea sat on the edge of the wooden coffee table in front of him with the towel resting on her lap. She brings her hand under his chin and made him look at her. Her eyes were clouded with concern. "Enzo, what happened?" She whispered.

Andrea was scared to know what had happened. She wondered if he had a panic attack again. She dreads if something has gone wrong. Nothing but negative thoughts were circulating in her head. She wondered if his aunt or Gus were okay – if Kevin or Craig – or maybe Rose? She shook her head. No, they all are okay. Everyone is okay. She ensured herself.

Lorenzo gulped and looked down. His shoulders sunk, "Andrea, forgive me. I lied to you," He voice frailed. Andrea pulled her eyebrows together – she didn't dare to ask what lie did he told her – she was too scared to so he continued, "I didn't go to see Kevin tonight," He confessed. Andrea knew that much. But what concerned her was, who did he meet instead of Kevin – and why did he have to lie to her?

Andrea waited for him to continue, but when Lorenzo didn't – she let out a shaky breath, "Who did you see tonight, Enzo?" She asked.

Lorenzo lifts his eyes to look into hers. "Zara," He told her truthfully.

Andrea's creased forehead flattened. Her heart dropped in her stomach. She opened her mouth, but words wouldn't come out. A tear fell from her eye. Zara. That name gives her goosebumps. Not only because that woman is intimidating, but because she had the potential of stealing Lorenzo away from her. Her hands clenched the towel in her lap as she struggled to ask if he still had feelings for her. "Why?" She choked out. Her face was turning pink from the struggle to speak or cry.

"I wanted her to stop," He told her. "I wanted to talk to her and tell her that she needs to back off," He answered.

Andrea's gasped as she inhaled. She didn't know she was even holding her breath. She gulped and knitted her eyebrows, "Wait – you just wanted to talk to her?" She asked – making sure not to get her hopes up just yet. Lorenzo wordlessly nodded while looking into her eyes remorsefully.

Andrea squinted her eyes, "So, you are not leaving me for her?" She spoke again. Trying to understand why was he so repentant if he only wanted to have a conversation with her and most of all why did he have to lie to her to just have a conversation with her. Her mind was playing with her emotions.

Lorenzo's eyes widened, "What?! Why would you say that?" He asked – defensively. "No, I would never. Andrea, I love you." He spoke quickly and place his hands on each side of her face. She flinched slightly when his cold hands met her warm skin. She searched for the truth in his eyes. He didn't avert his eyes from her. His eyes were boring into hers – assuring her that she is the only one he loves.