Twenty.

"I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave.. you will finally understand, why storms are named after people."

don't be silent readers

20||

"So, what are we going to do next?" Ashley asked, stuffing a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

"Oh! I have an idea.. how about, we make you guys over?" Nina asked. "Like, all of us girls apply makeup to you guys' face, and whoever comes out the prettiest, that team wins." She explained.

There was a string of cuss words and disagreements with the idea, but only from the boys. Well, all of the boys except one who never speaks. His name's Carlos. From he came in the house, he hasn't said one word. I've never met him before and Ashley said he goes to our school so I assume he's new. I was told he wasn't a mute. He can speak, but he just doesn't.

"Come on! It'll be fun. And you guys get to see what us girls go through every time we have to get dressed for a party or a date." I told them.

"Please?" Adrianna begged, grabbing her boyfriend's arm.

"It'll definitely be hilarious." Diana muttered, a smirk on her face.

"And adorable." Neo piped.

I gave Chad a look, a devious smile on my face. In return, he gave me a scowl, which I pouted at. "Oh, c'mon. You're gonna have fun." I urged.

"What's in it for us?" Ashley asked, folding his arms across his broad chest.

Cat shrugged. "Whatever you want." Every guy in the room eyebrows raised at what she'd said. She rolled her eyes. "Not sex." She muttered.

I giggled. "Will you allow me to do it?" I asked Chad, leaning into him slightly. I was just trying to put icing on the cake. I'd do anything to make him look ridiculous tonight.

"No. I won't." He glared subtly down at me, so no one but me would see.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on! Please?"

"You can do it on me." Zero cut in, staring straight at me with a disapproving look on his face. I frowned slightly at the look but couldn't help grinning at what he said.

Everyone in the room except me, gaped at Zero shockingly. The death glare he sent all of their way was one that had shivers dancing down my back.

"I'll do it." Chad quickly stated, looking irritated. I turned and glared at him.

"So now you want to decide you'll do it?" I asked, peeved.

"Yes," He hissed. "Now, let's go." He ordered, grabbing my hand.

Whilst being pulled by Chad, I looked back at Zero to him smirking. I was suddenly confused. Did he do that on purpose? Whether he did or not, I still found myself smiling as I made my way up the stairs.

"Come on, everyone." I heard Cat tell them all.

We entered my room and I was glad I'd made sure it was clean before they came. I forced my hand out of Chad's own and walked over to my drawer and grabbed my makeup kit. It should be enough for five boys. There was Marcus, Zac, Ashley, Carlos, Tommy and Chad for Adrianna, Neo, Cat, Diana, Nina and I. Zero leaned up against the dresser, looking between bored and amused.

"You sure you don't want in on this?" I asked teasingly. "It'll be fun." I sang, shaking the kit around.

"He said he didn't want to, now leave him alone." Chad snapped.

Everyone gaped at him and he'd turned an embarrassing shade of red. I couldn't help smiling.  That was what he deserved.

I clapped. "Alright, girls and soon to be drag queens, let's get started!" I exclaimed excitedly. All of the boys groaned and the girls grinned.

"Time's up!" Zero's thunderous voice shook the room, causing everyone to pitch.

The clicking and clanking off makeup supplies sounded throughout the room as we all rest them down. I took a step back and bit my lip to stop myself from dissolving into a fit of hysterical laughter. Obviously, the rest couldn't. Everyone, excluding Zero, Carlos and Chad burst out laughing. Carlos basically did the same thing Zero was doing and that was shaking his head amusedly. On the other hand, Chad looked utterly confused and peeved that he was being laughed at.

He spun around in his seat and took a look in the mirror. His expression dropped and then he looked through the mirror at me. My lips were balled into my mouth. I've never seen the golden boy so embarrassed in his entire life. Holding in my laughter was getting more difficult as the seconds ticked by.

"What the fuck is this, Selena?!" He hissed, his hands latching onto the edge of the dresser. His knuckles were turning pale white.

"What the fuck is what?" I asked innocently. His anger may have had something to do with the fact that the rest of the guys were drop dead beautiful whilst he looked like he'd just escaped from the zoo.

He spun around so he was now looking me in the eye. Boy, was he upset. "This isn't the time to play dumb." He growled.

"It's just a joke, Chad. Calm down." I urged, not wanting him to explode on me in front of everyone.

He shot up out of the chair and barged into my bathroom. "Get this off of my face." He ordered.

I sighed. "I'm coming, calm down." I mumbled. I gave my friends an assuring smile, trying to ignore the look of concern Zero was giving me.

I walked into the bathroom and he pushed the door close.

"You know this shit isn't funny, right?" He growled, stepping closer. I bit my lip, trying to stay serious. He scowled. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He spat, eyeing me. I was really trying to hold in my laughter. Imagine a handsome looking guy with a whole heap of colorful makeup on; red eye shadow, blue lipstick, dark concealer, purple blush and very dark eye liner. Unable to contain it any longer, I burst out laughing.

I was laughing so hard, my side began to ache and tears started to cascade down my cheeks. I was having a hard time breathing as I laughed and laughed. Shutting me up though, Chad locked his hand around my neck, ceasing any sound or breath that came from out of my mouth. Instantly, I began trying to escape his hold.

"Don't you ever try to make an ass out of me again, Selena." He warned. "Now, I'm going to wash this makeup off and I'm leaving. When we walk of out here, we're gonna kiss in front of them like the happy couple we are and them I'm out. You got that?" He asked, his fingers twisting more into my neck, causing me to gasp and fight for more air. I managed a nod and thankfully, he let me go. Relieved, I inhaled deeply.

True to his words, Chad left and I could not be happier. All the while, Zero eyed me suspiciously. He just always knows when something's up.