Twenty-Eight.

"Darling, hold me in your arms the way you did last night and we'll lie in this sight for a little while, he wrote. - Ed Sheeran."

not edited.. :(

28||

Zero's P.O.V

I watched slyly as Selena took small licks of her ice cream. She had the cutest tongue. My mind had been so dirty as to wonder what all it was capable of. However, I can't possibly think of Selena like that.. no matter how undeniably attractive she was. She can make a blind man purr in appreciation.

"Are you guys enjoying your ice cream?" She looked down at the three that sat beside her whilst I sat across from them all.

"I love this cheesecake kind." Ray nodded his head in approval as he eyed his ice cream as if it was the best thing since sliced bread.

"No, vanilla is better!" Sarah shot, somewhat holding her frozen treat to Ray's face.

"Vanilla is boring." Zayn piped. "Strawberry is where it's at." He began to raise the roof with one of his hands. "Can I get an amen?" He looked around at us with a smirk.

We were nothing alike, I thought as I observed him with a hint of a smile.

"What's your favorite kind of ice cream, Zero?" Sarah asked, looking at me curiously. After she'd asked the question, I'd realized that Selena had stopped watching the trio and eyed me.

I gave Sarah a small smile. "I really enjoy cookies and cream." I informed her as I raised my ice cream for her to see that I was eating that kind.

"Yeah, that tastes really good." She agreed, nodding her head enthusiastically, causing me to chuckle lightly.

I met Selena's eyes for a split second to see her scrutinizing gaze set upon my face. She looked like she was concentrating.. on what, I do not know. I just continued to eat my ice cream. Surprising me slightly, her eyes flickered to my tongue as it swooped out and took a bite full of ice cream. Instantly, my thoughts went haywire. Watching her cheeks grow red, I could've burst out laughing as I realized that her mind could be just as filthy as mine.

I cleared my throat to piss her off and her eyes snapped up to meet my own. If I thought that her cheeks were red earlier, I must've been blind. It's like she sucked all of the color out of a rose and it went straight to her cheeks. Unable to control it any longer, I burst out laughing, nearly dropping my ice cream in the process. She glared at me, looking even cuter when angry.

"You bastard." She huffed, pouting slightly.

I sobered up a bit, but laughter still dotted my lips. I said, "You pervert." with a smirk.

"I'm not. Ice cream just dropped on your lips." She muttered, not looking me in the eyes.

"Sure," I teased, earning another heated glare.

She was about to say something but loud, blaring music cut her off. Everyone's head shot up as we heard the music coming from the ceiling, probably speakers. A familiar song was playing. I think it was called '22' by Taylor Swift. Selena gasped and I looked down at her. She grinned and shot up out of her seat.

This is how everything went from then: you see, we sat in one of the booths they'd placed outside of the ice cream place. Therefore, the rest of the people in the mall could see us. Imagine the way everyone looked at Selena when she shot up and began dancing like she had no care in the world. Even I, myself, was shocked. She didn't really seem like the type to do these kinds of things, seen as she's always trying to be perfect for everyone because that's the way they see her. It's like she didn't care that they'd look at her weirdly or wonder what the hell was wrong with her. And honestly, she's never been more beautiful.