Twenty-Nine.

"Girl, you're perfect, you're always worth it, cause you deserve it, the way you work it. Girl, you earned it." - The Weeknd.

not edited. :(

29||

Currently, we were in Zero's vehicle on our way back home. In the back seat, the trio were enjoying a game of rock, paper, scissors. I peeked into the rearview mirror just as Zayn's hand covered Ray's own. Ray did rock whilst Zayn had paper. Zayn shot his hands in the air and waved them around happily as he celebrated his victory, even though very soon after, Sarah claimed his victory as hers.

My mind was captured in a whirlwind as I went over all of today's events. I can honestly say I had one of the best days of my life, all thanks to the beautiful being beside me. I bit my lip, now thinking if I should thank him. Of course I would, I just don't know when. As if my body had a mind of it's own, it turned towards Zero and my eyes glued to him.

I stared at him. He was such a beautiful person, not only on the inside, as I've recently learned but definitely on the outside too. His dark hair flew around wildly as the wind commanded, he seemed to be fully concentrated on the road. He agitated his lips with those sharp, white teeth of his, making me stare at them. They really looked soft. My eyes trailed down to his muscular arms and I marveled at how sexy that tattoo was on it. I had to stop myself from tracing my fingers along it.

He must've felt my gaze because he looked my way the second he stopped at the red light. Shit. I wasn't sure of what to do, so I kept staring. But the longer I stared, the more I felt that I should've looked away. However, his gaze locked me in place and they made my insides feel twisted, in a strange, good way.

"Why are you staring?" I asked dumbly.

He gave me a 'are you serious' look. "Maybe because I caught you staring at me first." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Nobody told you to be so beautiful." I mumbled to myself. Instantly, I regretted it. Saying that made my wild butterflies let loose and got my cheeks so warm, it could've compared to the sun during summer time.

"You think I'm beautiful?" He asked, a hint of a smirk on his face. I wanted to punch it off.

"You heard wrong.. I actually said.." I trailed thinking of something. When something came to mind, I continued. "Oh wow thanks for today, my booty's full."

Shockingly, Zero burst into laughter. It was the kind of laughter he used when he was speaking to that woman in the mall today, the kind where I'm flushed around him and utter the utmost embarrassing things. I loved that kind of laughter, especially when slipping through his lips. I placed my hand over my lip to stop my own laughter.

Soon enough, he sobered up and looked at me, a small smile now on his face. "Thanks for that laugh. I think I just added some more abs to my collection."

I couldn't help the sense of pride that washed over me. This was rewarding. I made Zero laugh and he thanked me for it. I looked at him with a smile of my own. "No. Thank you.. for today. It was honestly one to cherish." I said truthfully.

"You enjoyed yourself?" He asked, looking genuinely curious.

I nodded. "I most definitely did. All thanks to you."
♕♕♕

I pushed the door open and allowed Zayn and Sarah to run inside as they played tag with one another. We dropped Ray home so granny wouldn't worry, but not without listening to Ray tell her how much of an amazing day he had. Tears had sprung to her eyes as she watched him speak so excitedly and she nearly bawled when he told her the bandana story. I nearly cried again myself.