Seven.

"politeness has become so rare that some people mistake it for flirtation."

don't be a silent reader ;) btw, thanks to the non silent onesily all though :)

7||

For the rest of that evening, I'd lied down in my bed, my mind wandering to Zero and what he could've possibly done to have those police officers urgently trying to get him. To be completely honest, it worried me a bit. I know it shouldn't have because Zero's all around dangerous and I should expect that, but it still worried me.

Currently, I was standing in front of my mirror applying concealer to the bruise on my cheek which turned purple and still hurt like a female dog. I couldn't have anyone noticing it, so I added good much. Zero had already pointed it out yesterday and I instantly flushed with embarrassment. How could I have been so keen on reminding him about his cut when my bruise was on display?

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair. It was a mess, as usual. A mess of many strands, demonic if you asked me. I glanced at myself once more before walking over to my bed and grabbing my things and heading downstairs.

I was punched in the face by the strong scent of coffee, bacon and eggs and it was probably the best punch I'd ever gotten, not like I'd ever got punched before. I walked over to my Mom and kissed her and then leaned down to my sister and gave her the tightest hug ever.

"How are you?" My Mom asked, her back to me as she dealt with the pan in front of her.

I hummed in appreciation. "I'm great. How'd the meeting go yesterday?" I asked her, curious.

"Oh, it was amazing! I met up with most of my old classmates. They're doing really great for themselves. I saw my old high school crush, goodness gracious, he looked like someone had ran him over twice with a garbage truck and then dumped the contents on him." She chuckled.

I grimaced, grinning. "Awesome taste, Mom." I teased her.

"Mom, you had a garbage crush?" Sarah asked, looking at her back as she tapped her pencil on the island. I bit my lip to stop my laughter from escaping.

Mom was crimson when she turned around to place our plates on the counter. I couldn't hold it any longer so the laughter sputtered out of my lips like milk out of a carton. She narrowed her eyes at me before swiping under her chin, motioning my way. This made me laugh even harder, causing Sarah to look at me and Mom in amusement.

"You two are crazy in the head," She sang, grabbing up her bacon and stuffing it in her mouth.

I scoffed. "Says the girl who thought the ice cube tray was a dozen deluxe pool for her little figurines. Says the girl who has to countdown before her fart let's loose. Says the girl who-"

"I get it, you finger sucker." She teased before poking out her tongue.

"Both of you," Mom started. "shut it and eat."

"Mom, I can't shut it and eat." Sarah said, looking at Mom with an evil smile.

"You little devil, eat your breakfast before I shove it down your Dora underwear." Mom jokingly threatened, causing Sarah to gasp, narrow her eyes and eat.

I shook my head in amusement. "You two are insane." I commented.

They looked at each other then at me and snorted, earning a scoff from me.