8| The Lucky One

As I sat in the car I noticed that the night was much darker today and the stars were shining brighter than ever. The mall we were going to was far away from our residence so it took almost an hour. And elevating the boredom, there was the traffic jam to play its part.

We didn't have much of a talk during the drive, because the horn made by the cars didn't allow us to. I mean I am not even exaggerating, it felt like everyone was going to the mall today.

Then we finally came out of traffic and silence came into power. I really wanted to talk about something but wasn't sure on WHAT to talk about. As before, Louis was the one to break it.

"What type of music do you fancy?" He said while adjusting the volume knobs.

"Umm, I don't have a specific taste, you can go with anything you like". I clearly have a very specific taste in music. But I feared that he wouldn't like the music  I enjoyed.

I can't really remember any moment in my life where I chose to listen to anything except one direction, I mean they and their music is bomb.

"K, I must play something from my playlist then"

And then he did as he said and played "What makes you beautiful" by one direction.

I laughed in amusement and looked at him. He gave me the (what?) look probably having in mind that I don't like the song, but oh boy does he know...

"Louis" I giggled "I freaking LOVE 1D and their songs", I said while I slightly squealed.

"Oh we do have a lot in comm­­­­­-",Then I cut him off because I was feeling the vibe of the song. I just really wanted to sing my heart out but was waiting till he started,hehe.

He started humming and I did too. He started singing and I did too, then we both started singing our lungs out. The cars outside must be thinking we have gotten mad.

The song ended and so did our drive, we were at the mall.

As soon as I entered the place my eyes caught the glimmering signboard of Urban Outfitters, time to shop.

I held Louis' hand and dragged him into the shop.We kept looking around (Actually I was the one wandering here and there like a bird as he sat on a stool in the corner of the shop).

After much of a search I found a pair of white chunky sweater. The first thought that came to my mind was to take one for Louis too; he deserves an award for waiting, right.

So I gathered myself up and went towards Louis carrying bags in both hands. He was laying his head beside the wall showing a gesture of exhaustion and frustration. "Fed up of me already?" I said sarcastically while sticking out  my lower lip out with a pair of puppy eyes.

"I am not fed up of you miss, I am fed up of this whole shopping expedition"

"Well... you were the one to suggest this in the first place, and secondly...I am not gonna spare you just now, I am hungry, let's go eat something", I said while moving out of the store.

I was walking in front of him when I turned around to see he was on his phone, so I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Do you even know where are we going to eat?"

"I heard there's this pizza kitchen on the rooftop" He paused "Has high rating too, let's try that".He said while putting his phone back in his pocket.

" pizzaaaa" I mumbled while widening my eyes, nothing excites me more than a good ol' pizza.

So we got up there and took our seats, where Louis left to order the food, and here I was with my stomach growling HARD. Instead of choosing death by starving, I started scrolling through tiktok.

Louis returned and got on his phone too. But then I decided to take a glance at the night sky above my head, I told you l liked watching the stars. One day I will stay up all night to look at the stars, it will be so fun.

Then our order came and we started gobbling our food. Once we were finished, we decided to stay at the place for little bit long, the vibe here is something you don't get to experience every day.

"Do you like STAN one direction?" he said while sitting up straight.

"I have been a directioner for as long as I can remember "

He smiled and said "I met Harry Styles one day ", "He was so cool" He whispered.

"Whoa, that's so cool; I hope I meet him one day too".

Then there was a pause. I wanted to ask something from him being his friend. I don't know if he felt that close to me answering that question, but my curious mind didn't care about that.

"Louis, who's the lucky girl?" and I gulped. I mean I did not want to interfere, but that question would have been in my mind forever then.

He coughed and then chuckled, "No one yet" he said without any hesitation. Hun, I didn't expect that though.

"What about you, who's the lucky boy?"

"Matt, we studied in school together, we are dating now".

"Aw that's so good to hear. I would love to meet him someday."

Matt, my boyfriend. I can't be more thankful, he has always been so supportive. We have been studying together since kinder garden, and I trust him more than I trust myself.

"Why not, he's free mostly. What about Wednesday, at this same place?"

"Done" he said and nodded in response.

After we moved out of the restaurant, I persuaded Louis to get me chocolate ice cream, and he did.

It was pretty late, like 11ish, so we drived back home. As soon as I got in my room I brushed my teeth and went to sleep.

School tomorrow, eek.

sorry for not updating in like 3 days:(