20| Outcome

My eyes flickered open to my blurry vision, I blinked a couple more times to get a clearer view, and all that met my gaze was a whitewashed ceiling. The room was filled with the beaming sunglow, entering in the form of rectangular columns through the window, present just close to the roof.

Just to my right was a med cart. Although the cart didn't hold much of the supplies, it still haunted me. Every time I exhaled my breath made loud noises as my chest felt heavy. My twitching eyes travelled upwards to the drip stand which hovered over me, casting a shadow over my face. It was attached to the cannula on top of my hand, which made my hand feel numb.

Suddenly, my eyelids felt heavy for no reason, or for a reason after all. I blinked numerously, examining the feeling inside me, all I could notice was emptiness, I felt empty. Then I felt my body's temperature heat up due to the contact with the sunlight. I touched the cold, white bed sheet beneath me and sighed.

After my mind and eyes worked together to make me feel better, the urge inside me to find a specific person inside the room rose.

I glanced over to the turquoise colored sofa that leaned against the wall, someone was sitting on there and their head was nearly falling off it. I lowered my blanket weakly and used all the strength in my body to sit straight up, but my back didn't cooperate with me. I winced as I let out a yelp and fell back on my pillow.

The fall made a noise, loud enough to wake up the person on the sofa with a jerk. Emily gasped and paced towards me as quickly as she could with a horrified look on her face, with both of her arm in front of her.

"God Y/N are you okay?!"

I pursed my lips as I slowly straightened my posture on the bed, and once I laid down flat. I let out a sharp exhale," All good", I nodded.

She rubbed her forehead and sighed in relief, before moving her hair strands away and tying them up. Once I became stable, I put more thought on how I ended up here. Louis, I left with the car, and another car, crashed, yes. But where is Louis?

I inquired in a raspy voice, "Where's Louis?". Emily's eyebrows furrowed as she heard my question, but didn't respond. Instead, she bent down to grab a bottle of water, and poured some water into a glass. Then, she placed the glass on the side table and held out her hand, jutting her chin forward, indication for me to sit up. I took her hand and gulped, slowly sitting up. As soon as she handed me the glass of water, I raised my hand in rejection.

I shook my head, "I need answers em, tell me where is he?" I asked once again, but more sternly this time.

"Please drink the water" she replied softly.

My body fumed up with angst and anticipation, as I stared right into her tired blue eyes," I won't until I get answers!" I yelled, but the yelling made my shoulders sink as all of my energy drained away.

She widened her eyes, shushing me as she placed her index finger onto her lips. She pointed towards the wooden bench in the corner of the room which I didn't notice before. Then I saw someone familiar sleeping, mom. Mom is here. The shadows under her eyes were dominantly visible when I first glanced at her, her hair was messy. She simply wore a white shirt with blue checked sweatpants and a grey cardigan draped over her shoulders.

My eyes softened, more like my whole body, at the glance of her. I tilted my head as I clenched the bed sheet between my fists. I felt my eyes getting glossy again, & I tried to hold it back, but a sob escaped my lips. Emily reached out her hand and gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze.