24| All Night-Long

I frowned to hear those words come out of her mouth, "You are rushing it, talk to him, I know he loves you, he always had."

She smiled, "How do you know that?"

"Because I have seen how he looks at you, with pure fondness."  I nodded to let her know I really meant it.

"You can guess if a person loves other just by how they look at them?"

I agreed, "Yes."

"Then you must have noticed how he looks at you"

I opened my mouth to speak further but I shut it immediately, "This is not about me, it's about You and Louis, Brooks."

"Wrong", the side of her lips twitched into a subtle smile, "It was always about you, it's still about you and always will. Because you are the one he always keeps a picture of in his wallet, you are the one he always talks 'bout, You are the one his phone gallery is filled with, you are the one he loves," She pointed her finger towards me, "You, not me."

His words replayed in my mind, I have never seen you anything more than a friend. But this is a silly joke, an absurd one. I immediately turned my head away to ignore her gaze, "I guess he never told you about the day I proposed my feelings to him and he simply rejected them saying I was his friend. I am sorry, but this is a big mistake."

"Well, he surely hasn't told me anything about that day" she stated, "But I have seen everything with my own eyes."

"Then you must know everything."

"Yes, I do. And because of that he cried the whole night."

Yes, I did cry that day and maybe the only time I cried that muc-, wait.

He, cried the whole night?

"L-louis?" my voice cracked, "Judy what are you talking about?" I muttered.

"This is what I wanted to tell you, Y/N. He didn't mean anything he said that day. I got a call during almost midnight by him, and he was crying, I rushed to your home to check on if he was okay. And when I got into his room, everything was packed up into his luggage."

"Trust me, Y/N, he really loves you like mad. Tears were streaming down his face once he told me how things went that night, he wasn't okay. Although I stopped him as much as I could, he kept on telling me how he isn't perfect for you, and how you deserve to be happy but he won't be able to do that for you."

She sighed, "He said you deserved the best. I was helpless, but he persuaded me to drop him off to the airport for the sake of our friendship."

I sinked into my chair, I whispered "This isn't okay."

"It isn't. And just for you to forget about him, he planned this fake relationship between us, But I can't do this anymore, this is not the right thing. I am sorry Y/N."

"It's not your fault" I nodded, reassuring her.

"Please, I beg you to go back to him, I am sure once he sees you he's gonna forget everything. You both are made for each other."

I really wanted to, because I really did felt bad. But this Debating Competition in London Miss Mary signed me up for as a judge is working as a barrier. And since  working as a Judge is a full time job, I won't even get extra time to reach up to him.

"It would have been great if I had time, But my teacher signed me up for this Debating Competition in a London school and I fear i won't be able to meet him while working for school.

"Oh", she bit her lip, "That's a bummer. But I hope you visit him whenever you are free from this work" she held out her hand, "Promise?"

I smiled, holding her hand, "Promise."

.Maybe diverting our ways was the only way to join again.