21| Different Pages

"And we all have that one person, whether from months or years ago, we'd wish to go back to because even at the end of the day, their arms were the only thing that felt like home", said Miss Vivian, our PSHE teacher.

Even though my mind wasn't ready at all  to start on with school again, Emily insisted me to continue with the classes since I was physically well, and quoting her words here "It's going to take your mind off things for a bit". I hoped that too, so Monday onwards I rearranged my schedule.

Back to the lesson again, honestly----it was such a shame that those girls with snatched ponytails and Prada bags weren't intrigued during these lessons even for a bit. PSHE really was one of my favorite subjects and it still is. Only if each and every sentence hit more deep and made more sense.

Little chuckles were heard from the other students as I slumped back on my chair, my eyebrows knitted together in concentration. I shook my head to ignore the laughing voices and got back to the teacher, "But that still doesn't reduce the pain, does it?"

She let out an exhale as her lips transformed into a smile, "It doesn't. But wishes only come true if you make one and besides that, my dear, life is a gift---" a loud bell ringed all across the room and Miss Vivian clutched her bag using one of her hands, "---A one to always cherish".

I sighed as I closed my eyes. Looking over to Emily, I saw her packing her things up.

"Hey, where are you going?"

She stood up. "It's the last lesson"

"But it's the chemistry period; the teacher will be here anytime soon"

She shook her head. "The teacher is absent, we all are free"

"Oh, what are you going to do?"

"I just got some of these documents I need to scan real quick"

"Hm, right"

I saw her moving out of the doorway as I ran my finger through the books in my bag trying to find anything to do. I didn't really have much in mind to complete, but I also don't want to sit here alone and overthink. Then this thing passed through my mind, I saw a library book in my bag. Oh gosh I need to return this book to the library! And just like that I clutched the book in my hands and ran to the library.

The next I knew was that I was knocking on the library door, "May I come in?". Miss Samantha slowly turned around from her bookshelves and lowered her glasses with the help of index finger, "Oh, long time no see, Y/N"

I plastered a smile on my face as I walked over to her desk with pile of books and computer. Then, I placed my book over the desk as I clasped my hands behind my back, "I came here to return this book to you".

She weakly sat on her revolving chair and brushed aside a strand of her grey hair, sliding the book to herself, "How was it?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and cleared my throat, "I am sorry miss, I didn't get time to read it"

"Oh", she opened the book and examined the bookmark which laid on the first page, "But that rarely happens". I didn't respond to her, instead I walked over to the bookshelves behind her chair and inspected their covers.

She turned around on her revolving chair, squinting her eyes to look at me from head to toe, "You look pale too, is everything okay?"

"Perfectly okay" I said, giving her a reassuring smile. She hummed in response and got back to her work, slowly typing on the keyboard. I sighed to notice that she forgot about the talk and then I got back to finding a book, but something extremely peculiar caught my eye.